Thanks for the tips each of you. I agree the green is too much, will work on that in my next map, maybe play with this one first. Especially Gandwarf saying my skills are improving. The more I look at this map the more I dislike it. But I do find I am understanding more of the technical aspects. And the Layers / Sheets thing is "becoming" more intuitive. I have just read right through the Profantasy forums, looking to find some answers and learn ideas. I am happy to say that some of the questions raised even I could answer.

I like the grid in place simply because I am used to running a tabletop game with a reference to distances between places. I allow the party to walk about 20 miles a day, and figure this in when placing villages, towns etc as well. I did try to tone it down a bit from the original black though, I think I used some transparency.

As for the font - I was about to post this question on Profantasy's board, and still might as the answer might help some others.
When I want to select a font I always go to the "More Fonts" window so I can see a preview. In many cases as I click each font the preview doesn't change. Is this...
1) The font isn't loaded / installed?
2) It is for a different style of map (e.g. Pete fenton from the annuals)
3) My printer can't handle it?
4) CC3 et al is looking somewhere in it's own directory while the fonts are usually held in the Windows or MSOffice folder.
These are only guesses, and I suspect I am showing that I know just enough to be dangerous.
I suppose I am wary of downloading fonts as I am not sure where to put them. I usually download stuff to a downloads folder in My documents and click and drag it from there to wherever if I turns out useful (Gandwarfs Cities Tutorial certainly was!).
Any answers to this?

Thanks again everyone.
Bonzer