Thread: Pinepass

Guild Member Facebook Connected

Map Pinepass

This is one of the first maps I ever really tried to do digitally. There are a few mistakes, but I think overall I'm pretty happy with how this one turned out.

Pinepass itself is a small town at the split of a river. It's been there for a long time with ruins to the south of the town on top of a large hill that overlooks the city (not pictured). I created this for a small story for my group. They had to come here and solve an issue with a vampire that was rebuilding and living in the ruins at the top of the hill a few miles south. The twist was, there spring head that feeds the bathhouses there in the town was being infected by a vampirised Elder Brain stolen from an Illithid culture and controlled by the master vampire. The infected water was mind controlling the people of the town who were working for the vampire against their will and knowledge as free labor to rebuild his domain. There were some mistakes made here that turned the whole situation into an extremely exciting event that I wasn't certain they were going to walk away from but in the end they saved the town and destroyed the vampire.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pinepass.jpg 
Views:	605 
Size:	7.78 MB 
ID:	108906

Guild Expert Facebook Connected XCali's Avatar

Ah! That is some nice colors that fit well together! Well done!

~ Maps-DriveThruRPG ~Free Maps and Assets ~Current Project~

My web novels
    Instagram handle: instagram.com/omrihope
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ~The heavens declare the glory of God;
    the skies proclaim the work of His hands.
    Day after day they pour forth speech;
    night after night they reveal knowledge.
    ~ Psalm 19

Thank you. The colors were the easier part of this because the line work could really guide where I needed them and I got to be incredibly loose with them other than that.

It's a great map, especially if it's your first one digitally ! 'can't wait to see your next attempts !

Thank you very much. I've got a few that I'm currently got progress on. There's only one other on this site that I have completed but I'm trying to get as many done as I can pretty quickly.

Also, might I add, I've checked out some of the works you've done on here and I am blown away by your skill. The Dark Souls map I've seen on here is amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by David Fink Barrentine View Post
    Thank you very much. I've got a few that I'm currently got progress on. There's only one other on this site that I have completed but I'm trying to get as many done as I can pretty quickly.
    Also, might I add, I've checked out some of the works you've done on here and I am blown away by your skill. The Dark Souls map I've seen on here is amazing.
    Oooh, thank you so much ! It's still at an early stage for now and it's probably one of my most ambitious project so far, so it's always reassuring to see people are appreciating it
    Don't hurry too much and take your time to step back : one night away from a map, and the day after you can spot errors you didn't see before !

Quote Originally Posted by MistyBeee View Post
    Don't hurry too much and take your time to step back : one night away from a map, and the day after you can spot errors you didn't see before !
    I'll have to try on that a bit. I'm looking to self publish an adventure module that I've getting together and the artwork is where I'm currently focusing on. The closer this gets to being finished, the more excited I'm becoming. I'm going to have to actively force myself to take a step back from time to time so I don't push forward with huge glaring errors.

Very pretty map! Well done.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Quote Originally Posted by ChickPea View Post
    Very pretty map! Well done.
    Thank you, ChickPea. I was really happy with this when I first made it, but now my party has left it behind in search of greener pastures. I need to find an adventure to add to this and put it out for others to enjoy.