Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Old Camorr

Guild Member Facebook Connected

Wip Old Camorr

Current progress on a small town map. I'm trying to get this finished before the end of the week for my Dungeons and Dragons game. My players are currently in this area and I think it would be neat for them to have an actual map of the place they are at for reference.

This is the sketch I started with.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	old-camorr.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	2.74 MB 
ID:	108931

I scanned this in and started working on getting it together Sunday. Currently about half way done with the line work and once that's finished, I need to start doing color work on it.

### Latest WIP ###

Name:	old-camorr-final.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	1.84 MB 
ID:	108932

I'm actually pretty happy with how this is coming together. I'm hoping to get the majority of the line work finished tonight when I get home from work and the rest done tomorrow with a start on the color. Last night I got way more finished on this than I thought I would so if that speed keeps up I may actually be able to finish the line work tonight, if I'm lucky.

Anyway, I'd love to hear what the people on here think about this.

Wip Progress!

Tonight's progress. Just need to get the Southwestern most area and I can move into the color phase. I cannot wait to see this with color on it.

### Latest WIP ###

Views:	78 
Size:	2.63 MB 
ID:	108951

Thank you very much, MistyBee. I'm super happy with the progress so far. I'm looking forward to tonight because I should be able to start adding my flat colors to this as well.

Wip Finished the Line Work

I managed to finish the line work tonight. I've also started some of the color work. I've got most of the flats taken care of, but not all of them yet and I still need to do some clean up work. Anyway, here is tonight's work.

### LATEST WIP ###

Views:	44 
Size:	3.00 MB 
ID:	108976
    Here is the final line work. I wanted to show the image with only the line work because I really like how this came out.

### Latest WIP ###

Views:	104 
Size:	4.01 MB 
ID:	108977
    And here is where I'm actually sitting tonight. I've got the majority of the flat colors here. I am hoping to have this finished by tomorrow night. So far I seem to be on track with what I think. Just a bit more and I'll move onto the next map.

This map is coming along very nicely!

Very similar linework to Mike Schley, really good looking map so far.
    New Horizons
    Fantasy maps and illustrations.

All my non-commisioned maps are FREE for personal use. Get them at my home page New Horizons
    Get more of my maps by becoming my Patreon.

Support:
    Patreon | Tip via PayPal.Me | Buy Me a Coffee

Quote Originally Posted by Voolf View Post
    Very similar linework to Mike Schley, really good looking map so far.
    Mike Schley has been a huge influence in my learning process for these. I've loved his work since I saw it for the first time in the Dnd starter set. I've pushed my map work by studying his style pretty heavily.

He introduced me to this site about a week ago and now I'm finding a ton of new people I like on here. I figure I'll try to copy a few different styles for a bit and then produce my own.

Quote Originally Posted by QED42 View Post
    This map is coming along very nicely!
    Thank you! I'm quite excited with the direction it's going. I'm sort of wanting to take a half day at work just so I can finish this up, but responsibility won't allow for that.

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Meshon's Avatar

This is looking great, you've really got a handle on using lots of lines to show the detail, it looks really good. Can I ask what you're using to draw this? Here's the thing; your buildings have lots of really nice straight lines, something I have a lot of trouble with. If you have some secrets I could steal, er, copy, umm, learn from? I'd really appreciate it.

I'm a big fan of borders, but I feel like this one is a bit heavy. Thinning the lines or fading it into the paper a bit would let the focus stay on the beautiful lines you're making.

Cheers,
    Meshon

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast