Thread: [unpaid] Top of an earthmote map

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Praise Stupefied

This is super! I'm surprised and excited! Look, it's easy to sit back and criticize stuff and maybe we spend too much time finding fault, but this is really fantastic. It's more than I expected was possible.

Thanks so much.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Terrainosaur View Post
    This is super! I'm surprised and excited! Look, it's easy to sit back and criticize stuff and maybe we spend too much time finding fault, but this is really fantastic. It's more than I expected was possible.

Thanks so much.
    Your welcome, let me know if you'd like anything else added to it and I'll try and squeeze it in.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

I had some ideas:
    - Smaller earthmotes floating above the mass
    - A bowl-shaped earthmote above the mass with a portal to the plane of water, which pours down onto the land, and merges with the river
    - Portals to the plane of fire, producing lava pools and fire plumes
    - A forest of unusual color like purple

Background: This new fantastic terrain appeared recently in the Forgotten Realms due to something called the Spellplague. Basically two planes bumped into each other, and parts transposed between them. An earthmote is an example. The uncontrolled "wild magic" is gone but it left this extraordinary, exotic terrain features. Earthmotes can be forestmotes, fungusmotes, prairiemotes, watermotes, cavemotes, etc.

Oh and a rift. A canyon or something with sheer sides. Basically the surface is very flat right now. I don't want the PCs just walking up to the keep. I need to divert them around with proper obstacles.