Hi! A world map is never really finished, is it? Except for the climates of my main, populated continent, I was never truly happy with my last version - so I've gone through the motions once again.

I increased the resolution four times, to 24000 x 12000, then remade the height map, creating a lot more interesting and detailed topography - then created new temperature and precipitation maps to match. Finally, I could generate the Köppen zones, then started painting it in imitation of a satellite map. Let me tell you - there's a LOT of forest this time, with more precipitation all around. Unfortunately, the PSB-file is getting rather unwieldy to work with - it's grown to 32 GB in size - so I haven't gotten around to prettying it up for a finished map, with borders and legend and the works.

What I have done, however, is taking it a step further. I put my new textures into After Effects, using Andrew Kramer's new Orb plugin from VideoCopilot.net.

So, check it out - :

(I've never tried embedding a video here before so I hope it works)

I'm especially happy with how I made the clouds billow, and that I figured out how to make the rings, with shadows and all.

I hope you like it!

-Niels