Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Lands of Cha-uari [challenge map]

Another artful fantasy-map from you, J. No surprise there. The execution is as close to perfect as a human being can get (I'm sure you'll surprise me by moving the boundary in your next map ).

But what always awes me with your works is that you can transport a huge amount of vibe/feel with your styles. And that is beside the fact that you most often also provide us with background and history on top of your work process! Even if you only posted your maps, they always "tell" a story for me...they have that powerful depth that only few known maps of fictional places have for me (for example the Middle-Earth map). You just feel and know that these places are old and have history. I applaud you for that!
    I'm trapped in Darkness,
    Still I reach out for the Stars

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasR View Post
    I found my everyday brush setting in one of your threads And, BTW, I love the map, especially the perspective and the warp effect of the mountains. You rock !
    Thanks Thomas
    I make new brushes every so often, but it is nice to have an everyday brush.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    The perspective is great and I really like the forests.
    Thanks Ilanthar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eilathen View Post
    Another artful fantasy-map from you, J. No surprise there. The execution is as close to perfect as a human being can get (I'm sure you'll surprise me by moving the boundary in your next map ).

But what always awes me with your works is that you can transport a huge amount of vibe/feel with your styles. And that is beside the fact that you most often also provide us with background and history on top of your work process! Even if you only posted your maps, they always "tell" a story for me...they have that powerful depth that only few known maps of fictional places have for me (for example the Middle-Earth map). You just feel and know that these places are old and have history. I applaud you for that!
    That is so cool of you to say, Eilathen
    Means a lot to me. I never know if people enjoy the little tales that go along with the maps.
    For me, it's half the fun of makign a new place - that feeling of discovery, figuring out the backstory of the place.

Simply beautifull... makes ppl desire to explore those lands.

Quote Originally Posted by FrancescaBaerald View Post
    This is soooo good! Great work!
    Thanks Francesca
    Quote Originally Posted by Naima View Post
    Simply beautifull... makes ppl desire to explore those lands.
    Thanks Stefano That is an awesome compliment.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12