Thread: Forgotten Realms: The Ruins of Leilon

Professional Artist Guild Supporter Wired's Avatar

Map Forgotten Realms: The Ruins of Leilon

This small human mining town sprawls along the High Road, on the Sword Coast. It lacks walls (an earthen bank surmounted by a wooden palisade shields it from the landward side, but where the road pierces these works there are no gates), and also lacks a proper harbour. A dozen massive, battered barges are loaded in the shallows in the spring and summer, and are poled and then rowed out to meet ships and unload by means of rickety cranes that rise from the stems of the barges into their holds. Needless to say, this is a fair-weather operation only, and tricky even then if the wind is fresh and the seas high. Increasingly, Waterdhavian entrepreneurs have sent wagons north to buy the copper, nickel, and silver of Leilon at bargain prices and take it south to sell at Waterdeep’s harbour. Leilon’'s mines are guarded by “the Lances of Leilon,” a force of some two hundred fully armed, mounted lancers used to fighting off pirates, orcs, bugbears, and trolls. Each lancer carries an axe and knife, usually a sword of some sort, his lance, and a light crossbow which he is experienced in firing from horseback. Leilon'’s total population is some 3,000; its ruler is Pelindar Filmarva, Lord of Leilon. Leilon is a firm ally of Waterdeep, and considered a friend of the Lords’ Alliance. In the mountains east of Leilon’'s mines is at least one important abandoned dwarf-hold, “Southkrypt,” said to be home to many strange and dangerous creatures. ...

This is a record from better times, as Leilon now lies abandoned and ruined after the events that transpired during the Spellplague. Lizardfolk creep in from the silted up waters of the coast. Danger lurks in the mage's tower, now more than ever as it's wards have grown weak. Ghosts haunt parts of the ruined settlement, and there are rumors that the mines where good folk dug up copper and other metals connect to other, deeper and older tunnels leading to the Sword Mountains.

Feel free to use this map in your campaigns!

This is a non-commercial fan product. All rights to Dungeons and Dragons, Forgotten Realms et. al. belong to their respective owners.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	forgotten_realms__the_ruins_of_leilon_by_stratomunchkin-dcjurit.jpg 
Views:	1407 
Size:	4.42 MB 
ID:	109411

Ah yes, Very Nice!!

Very nice city map ! You are definitely developing a great city style here

Great city map Sebastian! It must have been tiresome to draw all those ruins (almost like floor plans I guess?), but the result really pays off. It's really gives the sense that this city is abandoned.

Professional Artist Guild Supporter Wired's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bogie View Post
    Ah yes, Very Nice!!
    Thank you!
    Quote Originally Posted by ThomasR View Post
    Very nice city map ! You are definitely developing a great city style here
    Thanks, Thomas.
    Quote Originally Posted by DanielHasenbos View Post
    Great city map Sebastian! It must have been tiresome to draw all those ruins (almost like floor plans I guess?), but the result really pays off. It's really gives the sense that this city is abandoned.
    You bet it was tiresome.

Guild Applicant Facebook Connected

Default Need a map

I am looking for an updated map of this city. If anyone can hit me up I would greatly appreciate it. I have some information to go off of. Please let me know your availability and time frame along with price if applicable. Thank you.