Thread: Map of Faerdham

Map Map of Faerdham

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FaerdhamMap.png 
Views:	175 
Size:	1.01 MB 
ID:	109662

"In the middle of the forests of Drazel lies a small, but sprawling city, Faerdham the connection between Humans and the High Elves.
    The forest that surround the town is dotted by tiny hunting cabins and hermit huts. Water is brought to town via magical links that pull the treads of underground waterways and the town center is filled with large buildings and a barely audible tune that resonates from the region's best tavern, The Golden Ribbon"
    Himji Volgraden's thoughts on Faerdham. 2nd Era year 2034

Hello map makers and world builders!

I would like to show you one of my maps.
    This town is part of a D&D 5e campaign that I'm DMing for some friends.

It was made by hand with an old tinted parchment and stabilo pens.

I would like to hear what you have to say about it. Tips, tricks, criticism, everything is welcome!

Love you all!

Quick update!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	a8589b7b-2ca7-4c87-8441-b5f57a55a3e7.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	93.4 KB 
ID:	110112

It's a nice work here, Viking ! I love how easy it is to imagine people living here, especially in isolated houses ^^
    There is a few notes I made to myself : firstly, it's unusual to see a town without a river or important water source. There is this great quote from Terry Pratchett who said about towns that the first thing to think is "how does the **** get out, and the clean water get in". And Terry Pratchett is always right ^^. Secondly, maybe it would be great to add some bigger fields and pastures for cows, sheeps, etc., which are an important aspect of medieval villages/towns needs.
    The last one is maybe a personal taste, but I would not have drawn the forest outline along the border of the parchment, as the forest probably don't have this rectangular shape ^^
    I look forward to see your next maps : I have the feeling you'll have a lot to show !

Thanks for the tips!

The water issue was the hook the city. Some of the magic users in town draw water from nearby rivers into the city's reservoirs.

I'll add/modify some things and i'll keep posting!

Thanks a lot!