Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Lands of Cha-uari [challenge map]

Map The Lands of Cha-uari [challenge map]

I just realized that I never posted a finished map thread for this one.
    So I'm doing that now, while I remember it.
    This was from the December 2017 challenge, Peace and Harmony.
    *create a map showing two or more distinct races or cultures living together in harmony*

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	The Lands of Cha-uari by sirinkman.jpg 
Views:	331 
Size:	2.62 MB 
ID:	109201

Here's my info from the wip thread...
    The Lands of Cha-uari
    The premise here is that the peoples/creatures of the Chahongi-Zha have all banded together in unity against the darker forces
    that seem to encroach upon them from Zha-Tyral. And even from the elder things that creep amongst the hills and dark shadowed mountains vales.
    And even beneath them in the places darker still.

The coalition of Chahongi includes an interesting collection of beings.
    It might be easier to just use some of my notes to describe all this....

From the notes...
    A simple people in the northern areas of Inocrigal and southern Tongiri.
    Then across the water to the sothern reaches [where most of the stories occur]
    The Gra-zatal peninisula west of Hran-nal [and the cold people]
    East of Hran-nal lies the outer lands of Rahagin-nal - a lonely and isolated region battered by winds and storm that faces out on the rough Shala Sea

Beyond Rahagin-nal lies the rough lands of Caluhsan - the low rambling remnants of the Great Kaina-Dal range
    and the Spine of Chura [the old mountains of SekhaChu and the G'Hura peninsula].
    In the crux of these mountains lies Insekal - a land isolated and alone.
    The Ningra there are surrounded on all sides by the Chuhti, mongrels of the Hills,
    and other fell folk of the dark and shadow crusted highlands such as...
    the Rolgnirin of the Stones, the Azhen, Stahni, Sohlihzi and others.

Far to the west is Zha-Tyral and the viscious, capricious people of the steppe and the mighty lords of the plains,
    who would rule all the lands of the lower heights as they slowly crawl over all the lands like darkening clouds.

Caught in the middle is the wide realm of Chahongi-Zha. In this vibrant place, many have banded together against those outer forces of conquest and oppression.
    In the realm are the Solti of the Highlands and the Karuga, the people of the Darkenald [the holes, caves, crevices and near underdark regions - not full underdark though]
    who range from highlands to roughlands and even to some lower lands.

In the mid ranges between low lands and uplands can be found the Do-Guhra and Drano'or, and many of the Zuhlmun and Monakee.
    The great woods and jumgles populate the Hamongi plateau and are inhabited by many but dominated by the Goramon.
    Scattered Zuhlmun and Hongiri dwell here as well.
    Here too are the beginnings of the Kindred of the Wood, the Kohtu-nomi and the Sani and PoMani, as well as the Vuhli and Talasi.

Coming lower and closer to the coasts are the great swathes of plains and river vales of Chaon grasslands.
    And there we find the Children of Grass and the slippery Rivervolk.
    Ultimately leading down to the cities of the Azhen Coast where folk from all over Chahongi-Zha mingle and trade in peace and reasonable harmony.
    There at the coasts they all blend and melt with the Children of the Waves and the ancient and somewhat illusive Tu-Atua peoples of the mist.

It is a seemingly magical land, at peace but in peril from the preying eyes of the outer lands.

I tried doing trees via the clone stamp tool, which was not a success if judged by public opinion.
    You can see the progression in the wip thread, sort of after the fact though.
    Cheers, J

Guild Adept Facebook Connected Mimine's Avatar

Stunning map, the perspective is flawless, and your mountains are beautiful! Great map!
    Si tu n'as rien fait pour ton rêve aujourd'hui, est-ce que c'est vraiment ton rêve? - Fred Pellerin

Twitter -> https://twitter.com/benoit_janie

There's no end to your imagination, and your incredible drawing skills

Every time I think I can't love your work more, you go and post something like this again. It's gorgeous, J, truly.
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by Mimine View Post
    Stunning map, the perspective is flawless, and your mountains are beautiful! Great map!
    Thank you Mimine
    Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    There's no end to your imagination, and your incredible drawing skills
    My imagination is the best thing I've got.
    One of the few that remains untarnished with age.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellerica View Post
    Every time I think I can't love your work more, you go and post something like this again. It's gorgeous, J, truly.
    Thanks Kell
    I guess it's safe to say you missed that challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by J.Edward View Post
    Thanks Kell
    I guess it's safe to say you missed that challenge.
    Erm... No comment.
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

One of those days I'll stalk your profile and will open every single thread you started, J. : I know there is tons of marvels you didn't added to your albums and I never saw before : this one is the perfect example. Incredible, as always. I love the mini touch of red for the towns, and your mountains and perspective are, as always, just incredible o_o

Quote Originally Posted by MistyBeee View Post
    One of those days I'll stalk your profile and will open every single thread you started, J. : I know there is tons of marvels you didn't added to your albums and I never saw before : this one is the perfect example. Incredible, as always. I love the mini touch of red for the towns, and your mountains and perspective are, as always, just incredible o_o
    I do have some fun little gems hidden all around in the threads
    Little sketches and progress shots and such. Even I forget what all is in there.

I found my everyday brush setting in one of your threads And, BTW, I love the map, especially the perspective and the warp effect of the mountains. You rock !

The perspective is great and I really like the forests.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast