Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sword And Sorcery | Fantasy World Map for Web RPG'ish Game needed

Map Sword And Sorcery | Fantasy World Map for Web RPG'ish Game needed

SUBJECT:

Greetings

I am looking for a Sword & Sorcery / Fantasy Overworld map that will depict the game world of a Web Game i am developing at the moment.
    The game is basically an tribute to a rather old game i played a lot in the past ( legend of the green dragon ) together with some Tabletop / cardgame / Jrpg hints in it.

That being said, one can create own worlds with own assets, rules and what not. So it is a world editor as well, allowing admins to enhance the provided base game or
    completely ditch all the assets and create their own completely, along with their assets ( being a web based game, this basically means that admins can have their own CSS files as well as graphics ).

For the base game ( basically the game that comes with the download of the files ) , i need an overworld map, and this is why i landed on the cartographers guild.
    Last but not Least, just like Legend Of The Green Dragon , i intend to make it available as a public domain project to the community.

The World map should depict one Region surrounded by 4 Kingdoms , each with distinct features / theme.
    Every Kingdom has a City and a couple of structures and the central region has a citadel in it ( surrounded by a forest )

STYLE

The graphical style of the map ( as well as its scale ) should go in the direction of this little Gem here :

http://dengekionline.com/elem/000/00...w1_720x356.jpg

It may be Black and White only ( color would be nice thou ) and it should not have any region names on it, as certain details such as scrolls,
    GUI elements and more will be added dynamically by the engine or manually with Photoshop.

QUALITY & SIZE

I am looking for a professional / semi professional result.
    The Map should be of a resolution of around 3500 by 3500 px and it is solely for the Web medium.

TIME CONSTRAINTS

The project is ongoing , and i can only work on it in my free hours. The engine is written, but there is a lot of game code to go, so this is not a super stressy deadline here.
    Since the engine is done, i feel more motivated to start using game assets while i progress and that way i get a feeling for it in a better way.

COPYRIGHT

This is the tricky part, i dont intend to claim the work for myself, have absolutely no issues with writing attributions or putting the name of people who help me out in the credits and i am a pretty relaxed person on that matter. This is a project born out of love for BBS Door games, Classic JRPGs and Fantasy Tabletop Games. I am a code monkey during the day and this is the project i put my nights in, because ... writing applications at work is boring as f#%k, so it would be a waste not to make something really cool :-D

That being said, i need to be fully assured that the Map can be distributed with the project ( since it is part of the assets of the base game ) without getting into any issues. I dont mind if it is used elsewhere and am willing to pay some bucks for it, if needed. ( negotiable )
    Last edited by elric; 09-03-2018 at 04:05 PM.

Hi I might be interested in this , you can see my other map works here .
    If you want to contact me you can also do so by deviant art here.

Hey elric,

I might be interested in this project. You can have a look at my portfolio to get an impression of my work and if you are interested you can contact me at info [at] danielsmaps [dot] com.

I hope to hear from you soon.

-Daniel

Ferrol, Coruña, Spain, Earth, Solar System

Hey Elric,

I could be interested in the project. Here you have some samples of my latest works::

Let me know if you are interested in my services. You can reach me at: info -at- versakestudio -dot- com

Regards,

Antonio Frade

Post thank you

Hello and thank you for your response. i will take a look at the portfolios :-D

Post issues

i cant send personal messages as it seems

Quote Originally Posted by Naima View Post
    Hi I might be interested in this , you can see my other map works here .
    If you want to contact me you can also do so by deviant art here.
    Hello Naima, thank you for your reply. Alas, this does not match the style i am looking for.

Have you some works that match the style i proposed in the post ? ( see the link )

:-)

Quote Originally Posted by elric View Post
    i cant send personal messages as it seems
    Hi elric, you need five comments to send PMs. It's an anti-spam measure. You've got that now, so you should be OK for PMs. (Sometimes there's a short delay of up to an hour while the server updates, but after that you shouldn't have any problems.)
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Hi elric,

I'm not entirely sure I'm a good fit style wise but I'd be interested in working with you on this project. You can check my portfolio here and if you like what you see, shoot me an email at the address below

thomrey [at] hotmail [dot] com

Cheers !

Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by ChickPea View Post
    Hi elric, you need five comments to send PMs. It's an anti-spam measure. You've got that now, so you should be OK for PMs. (Sometimes there's a short delay of up to an hour while the server updates, but after that you shouldn't have any problems.)
    all right , thank you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast