Here is Rekhan's Workshop, recently finished in narrow 2nd place in the lite challenge: to draw 2 maps showing a locale during two different seasons at opposite times of year. I chose summer and winter, and drew the Myst-style island home of a reclusive craftsman.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	painted2.jpg 
Views:	153 
Size:	8.68 MB 
ID:	109607

Rekhan lives and works out of the building on the upper promontory of the map, which also contains an observatory. A cart track gives him easy access to other parts of the island, including a fertile lagoon, storage caverns inside the island's central hill, and the domed optical devices that form part of his mysterious experimental communication/observation network.

I drew this all with 005 size Pigma Microns on a marker-paper notebook, then colored it and painted over with watercolor pencils. I have to say the absolutely toothless marker paper is not great for the pencils, but it's fantastic for the tiny pens! I'm immensely pleased with the minuscule footprints showing where Rekhan has been wandering around in the snow. The sea ice was also a great pleasure to draw, as was practicing Rekhan's scribbly angular handwriting. It's photographed on a stage I set up in my living room with a bunch of arcane or mechanical-ish knick-knacks we have around here.

Enjoy!