Hey guys,

sooo, I'm new here. I'm a for now unpublished writer who has finished the first draft of a fantasy novel a week ago. I'm also a passionate world-builder and obsessed by realism. Unfortunately, this obsession developed AFTER I already began writing, did a little map work and have grown VERY fond of the continent I created. Also unfortunately, after having written the first novel, its continuation demands more continents and I have grown to pedantic to just not care about realism. So, end of the story: I want a map that will work on a globe that keeps the proportions of the continent I already drew.

After working my way through several programs, searching the internet for possibile solutions, I have found a plethora of methods for making globes, mapping on globes, projecting maps from globe to paper, but not on how to keep my beloved continent how it is and just put it on a globe without being distorted. Maybe one of you folks can help me with that? Usually, I create my maps with Photoshop, I will attach some of the singular files I'm talking about here. Hope anyone of you can help me.

Best,

Ritterfeld

PS: The maps are still work on progress, so don't mind that rivers, lakes, mountains, forests etc. are still missing.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fvG4RgG.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	498.9 KB 
ID:	110617
The Third Continent. For now unpopulated. Still WIP.

Name:	fgvmDTB.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	1.44 MB 
ID:	110618
One of the kingdoms. Inspired by Asia, Japan. Still WIP.

Name:	MvuJzqS.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	1.10 MB 
ID:	110619
Supposed to be the entire world. Three continents, tectonic plates. Still WIP.

Name:	NmhQZRU.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	2.80 MB 
ID:	110620
Main continent for the story. Northern to Southern Europe. Needs a rework in terms of rivers, lakes and settlements. Still WIP.