Thread: The One Tree

Guild Artisan

Default The One Tree

Felt the urge to do a dungeon again. Not sure how far I will take it, go all HGTV on it and decorate it or just leave it barren and bare.

Still have a lot of tweaking to do, colors, border, title, etc. Elevation changes in layout, doors, secret doors, Portcullis, the list goes on and on.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TFTVersion1a.jpg 
Views:	144 
Size:	3.52 MB 
ID:	110651

Guild Artisan

Today was a slow day. Just going to post 1 room of this. The idea of The One Tree was to have roots breaking through ceiling and walls in certain areas. Hoping I pulled it off(The roots might be too clean looking or sleek maybe). Let me know what you think.

Thanks

Name:	TheOneTreeVersion2.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	1.28 MB 
ID:	110667
    Last edited by Kier; 10-05-2018 at 09:57 PM.

I do like that one with the tree roots. Looks great.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Guild Artisan

Thanks ChickPea, appreciate it.
    I like it in the zoomed in room, not sure how I feel about it the full map yet, especially when it spreads to 3 rooms.
    I hope to get another full version up tonight, I just didnt want to crowd the server with every little change I added. Even though some of them take me hours, lol.

Guild Artisan

Struggling a little on where to take this from here. Not sure if want to dress up the rooms, and if so how much. I added the Portcullis, and the last 2 root sections. I like the roots individually, but as a whole on the larger map not so sure, look like they come from nothing.

Name:	TheOneTreeVersion5.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	3.99 MB 
ID:	110720

Guild Artisan

Played with the background and overall layout a bit today as I decide on how much I want to put into the rooms. Not sure what if any will make the final cut, but it was the best I came up with today.

I wanted a very light grid in the dungeon as not to distract from the dungeon itself.

Name:	TheOneTreeVersion7.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	3.75 MB 
ID:	110727

Guild Artisan

I think what is bothering me now is the color. It was never meant to be brown, and I think I kept hedging the shading to bring out the veins in the floor and ended up with a brown dungeon. While I like it, its not what I had wanted and am going to go back to some earlier drafts and see where I went astray.

Guild Artisan

Removed the title, mountain and tree silhouettes. Also toned down the brown a bit of dungeon, trying to get back to the original grey. Brought in grey around the dungeon layout as well.

Added some pits and shackles. Not sure how much more I will add throughout the dungeon, but some I am sure. Then will bring back the encounter #'s and title, etc.

Name:	TheOneTreeVersion11.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	3.63 MB 
ID:	110763

Great dungeon, I like the new color scheme. I would suggest only having the grid show on the dungeon floor. By having it show on the interior of the walls it confuses the eye as to which is floor and which is inside stone. I really like the way you did the cavern walls.

Guild Artisan

Thanks, Bogie.

Good points on the grid.