Thread: (Commissioned)Terry Gilliam's "Time Bandits" map recreation

Map (Commissioned)Terry Gilliam's "Time Bandits" map recreation

Hello everyone,

So, I have been map making for a long time, but have never done it professionally. I started off doing small pencil drawn maps, for 1st edition Dungeons and Dragons, on whatever paper I could find. Over the years, I studied quite a lot about historical and fantasy maps. Over the years, this caused my passion for cartography and tabletop gaming to grow to the point where I recently started my own game creation and development company called Stoneflask Studio. Well, we picked up a contract doing cartography for a client who sells maps from movies, books video games and much more. Well, all in all, our first map to recreate was the daunting "Map of the Universe " from Terry Gilliam's "Time Bandits". Sorry for the watermarks... Our client has asked us to do it, if we care to use it in our portfolio or otherwise. Sadly, the original map has so many small details and such poor references, that we could have never recreated it 100%. I would guess to be about 60% accurate based on the time and budget allotted. Critiques are always welcome!! It was done digitally in Photoshop and Clip Studio Paint with a canvas texture and oil paints. PSD file size... 567 MB. Final JPEG file size... 63 MB. Uploaded photo is only 6 MB...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Time Bandits Map11.jpg 
Views:	163 
Size:	6.59 MB 
ID:	110669

For a better resolution at 20 MB... https://www.deviantart.com/positrong...-Map-766786603

Nice work, and a cool project.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"