Thread: Voidgere

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Member

Post Voidgere

Recently joined the community (saw your link on Penny Arcade and it came with raving reviews).

I'm working (and have been doing so for about 2 years) on an PnP RPG project. My map making experience is limited to hand drawn on the spot type work.

From what I've seen on this website, I'm years behind anything here. However, the nature of the beast has forced me to learn several skills in order to complete the project and it just so happens that map making is going to be the next one I must learn.

These forums seem to contain master craftsmen in their chosen field and so I humbly approach in order to gain some semblance of skill in the exciting art of Cartography.

I am seeking any and all forms of advice or instruction. I will begin by maybe making some maps and letting you guys pick them apart and tell me what I can do to improve.

**Edit**

I have the following software that I use for photo and image design/alteration.

Adobe Photoshop
    Adobe Image Ready
    Macromedia Fireworks
    ...and a very old copy of Campaign Cartogrpher

I was thinking of getting GIMP but I've been told that Photoshop is a better program.
    Last edited by voidgere; 02-07-2009 at 08:19 PM.