1. Will your stairs always descend counter-clockwise (ie. start from the bottom)? The original script I think only drew in one direction (a limitation of ARCS I think)...so I can deal with one direction, but two would be nice.
  2. Do you want to draw the arc of the stairs or specify the number of steps? I think the arc would be better...basing the shading on the path of an ARCS as mentioned before
  3. If (in the former case) the step depth does not divide evenly into the arc length of the staircase, do you want to trim the staircase (at top or bottom) or adjust the step depth (top, bottom or all)? I assume this means you will be implementing the shading into a staircase script altogether, thus redoing the CSTAIR macro altogether? if so, specifying a step depth and then adjusting all of them to fit would be ideal, but isn't required...Ralfs CSTAIR doesn't do this.
  4. The step shadow is currently 1/3rd the step depth. Do you want to change this? What transparency level should I use for it? If you're redoing the CStair to use transparencies for the step shadow too, then 20 or 30% should be enough...1/3rd depth is fine. I think Steps should be outlined in black, but step shadows shouldn't be. The overlapping transparent overlay arcs that show depth like in my example however should always be 10%, since they overlap and get darker.
  5. Do you want to add an optional railing on either or both sides? Would be really cool, but isn't necessary...maybe as a separate macro?
  6. According to "Architectural Graphic Standards", staircases should have at least one landing every twelve feet. Would you like this as an option? This would probably be a rairly used option, since I and most mappers when adhering to this rule would probably rather aesthetically place such a landing as opposed to sticking to the twelve feet rule...I wouldn't bother

Questions answered in italics hanks for looking at this!