Thread: Regional Map (simplistic)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Praise

I don't know that I would call that a simplistic map . . . Admittedly, it might be chuck full of stuff, but it is well executed and I rather like the artwork. Takes me back to the early days of my role playing career.

As for the text/symbol problem . . . As bartmoss said, not knowing what software package you are using to create this map makes solving that problem a tad difficult, but one recommendation I would make, having had a similar problem in PSP in the past, is to lay out the text first, merge your test layer, then start a new text layer in the alternate font. For instance, if you want the text to be Celtic and the symbol comes from Wingdings, try setting up the text (from your celtic font) as one layer and the symbol (from wingdings) as another layer. Not sure if that will help your situation or not, but it worked for me rather than trying to include two or three different fonts in one text string.

GW
    GW

One's worth is not measured by stature, alone. By heart and honor is One's true value weighed.

Current Non-challenge WIP : Beyond Sosnasib
    Current Lite Challenge WIP : None
    Current Main Challenge WIP : None
    Completed Maps : Various Challenges

My apologies, I should have said which program I was using. I am using CC3 and many of CC2's symbols.

@Xeviat
    I use the font called DS_Celtic-2

@bartmoss
    Yes, I will add a few tufts of grass and some brush. It is in some early stages, and mayhaps growing pains...
    "Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils."
    - Louis-Hector Berlioz

All my work is released under the Creative Commons 3 license. Feel free to use and copy, but please give credit where it's due