Thread: Fantasy Style map of Okinawa (Japan)

Default Fantasy Style map of Okinawa (Japan)

Hello there,

[General info]
    I'm looking for a fantasy-style map of the Japanese island of Okinawa as a Christmas present for a friend. She spent part of her childhood there and has fond memories of the place. For comparison, I was hoping for something in a similar style to this: France in fantasy style.

[payment]
    I don't have the slightest idea how much work or effort such a project would entail, but I was looking to spend in the range of $50 (preferred payment option: PayPal for convenience reasons). If you believe this is significantly too low, feel free to convince me. I don't promise I'll pay significantly more, but I promise I'll take your arguments seriously.

[Quality/Size]
    Again, I have no clue, but I'm looking for a map that would look good as a poster on the wall of my friend; probably slightly smaller than DIN A3 or 11.7 x 16.5 inches. If you could also provide some input as to a good way to make the digital map into a physical one, I'd appreciate the help very much (where, how, which material to use etc).

[timeframe]
    As mentioned above, I'm looking for a Christmas present and between the process of getting a physical copy and international shipping, optimally I'd have the finished product by the end of November.

[copyright]
    One-time use as a Christmas present for aforementioned friend. You retain copyright.

[contact]
    I'll check this thread and I can be contacted by email: Van_Phanel(at)web.de

If I forgot to include a relevant piece of information, please feel free to contact me.

Thank you!
    Last edited by anonymousdude; 11-06-2018 at 08:04 PM. Reason: request is taken

I can do it! I think... I can. I need to finish this art first see whether I the aging method works as I'd like it too, but then it should not be a problem. (I'll have that done by this weekend at the latest). so payment is 50 bucks + shipment? depending on where it goes, shipment may be a bigger concern, also depending on the size of paper used.Which we can of course do rather small, but the smaller the paper the less detail we can include - logically.
    Oh ah I haven't done the aging stuff yet, so the stuff I have on deviant Art wouldn't be very representative. It's deviantart.com/zoraspringer
    Contact would be best via facebook (https://www.facebook.com/sabrina.hofmann.547) or discord (zora springer#2440) I can send you the WIP of the three maps I intend to finish this Week end then, so you get a bit of a better impression concerning the aging process. I may be able to give that earlier, depending on how stressful my week gets.

Hey Zora,

Thank you very much for offering, but I already found someone to do it. I've also updated the title of the post accordingly.

Oh sorry, I didn't see that, since it only changes the title of the post not the entire thread (I have to admit, I seldomly really put much attention to post titles ^^'). Thanks for telling me though

I've updated the thread title to show it's now taken.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"