Thread: Andolf Kingdom

Guild Novice Facebook Connected Michael King's Avatar

Default Andolf Kingdom

I am pretty new to making maps for anyone other than the people I play D&D with, but I wanted some feedback on what I have in the works so far.

Here is my hand drawn version of the Andolf Kingdom, which has a lot more town names and such in it.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Andolf Pencil.jpg 
Views:	142 
Size:	2.36 MB 
ID:	111536

Here is the remake I did using CC3 where I didn't go so crazy on names.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Andolf Kingdom.PNG 
Views:	193 
Size:	807.0 KB 
ID:	111537

Like I said, I was hoping for some feedback on what I have so far. I recently started making D&D campaigns for other people and I want to make sure I am giving the best maps possible.

Hello, Michael, nice first post with two maps in it. I don't know much about CC3, but I can say that the 1-point perspective you used in this map looks very good in both versions. I incline slightly towards your hand drawn map because I see a lot of potential in your mountains' shape - in time, that could become the strong and distinctive point of your style.

Guild Novice Facebook Connected Michael King's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shall Teclex View Post
    Hello, Michael, nice first post with two maps in it. I don't know much about CC3, but I can say that the 1-point perspective you used in this map looks very good in both versions. I incline slightly towards your hand drawn map because I see a lot of potential in your mountains' shape - in time, that could become the strong and distinctive point of your style.
    Thank you so much for the compliment. I know that if I can run with hand drawn I will always have more freedom for design than I will with computer programs, although being able to put the maps into color is something that I will need to work on. I will continue to do both hand drawn and CC3 maps for now until my skills without CC3 can surpass what I am able to do with it. Once again, thanks for the input.