Thread: Regional map somewhere in 1200 CE Japan

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

First off, I'd make a layer of solid white, set the blend mode to soft light, then change the opacity to suit...this will brighten things up nicely and maybe the mountains will stand out a bit more. If not some color tweaks, lighting effects and maybe a bevel will help along with upping the scale/size of the mountains layer with an edit-transform-scale. Also you might try a layer of 50% gray set to overlay then grab the burn and dodge tools to create gulleys and ridges.

The only real problem I see is that the forests shapes are too regular. You can fix that with a layer mask in black/white (forest is white everything else is black) then hit it with the brush strokes-spatter filter. All in all, it looks pretty solid, just a few minor tweaks will make it shine.
    edit - i mean forest edges are too regular, they need to be broken up a bit, the general shapes are great though.
    Last edited by Ascension; 02-09-2009 at 09:11 PM.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps