Thread: February Entry: Ancient China - The Warring States

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Member

Last-minute changes:

1. In order to comply better with the rules of this month's contest, I added little shields for each nation on the map. These represent the armies of the different warring states. The placement of these troops is based upon personal assumptions i.e. fictional.

2. I changed the symbol of the trading sites. The current symbol is a coin typical for ancient China.

3. << State seals >> has been modified to << State symbols >>. The second character of these << seals >> has been removed. If you take a close look at these characters (in the previous versions of the map), you'll notice that they can be divided into two identical groups. Although I do not read Chinese / ancient Chinese, I assume that they mean << kingdom >>. Hence, they were obsolete, unnecessarily taking up valuable space.

Many of the other entries are excellent! I nevertheless hope that these modifications will help me get at least a few votes.

Many thanks to those cartographers who have so far commented on my map & all the best to all of you,

Mogul76

### Latest WIP ###
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Warring_States_240_BC_Mogul76_FINAL.png 
Views:	496 
Size:	1.73 MB 
ID:	10691  
    Last edited by mogul76; 02-24-2009 at 04:34 PM.