Thread: Aetheron in the Year 1249 of the North Reckoning: A Map Made for Roleplaying

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Map Aetheron in the Year 1249 of the North Reckoning: A Map Made for Roleplaying

Dearest Fellow Cartographers, I hereby present to you a map I have made recently using WonderDraft, in fact updating a map I made a long time ago in Photoshop. The original reason for making this map was none other than the wish to make a world apart from the world I am designing for a novel I am writing; the map I made a long time ago, however, I recovered now to use as the setting of a roleplaying campaign I am starting with my friends. My inspirations for this map are the continent of Europe on the one hand and the universe of Andrej Sapkowski's Witcher novels on the other. Both my earlier and updated map are inserted below.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Aetheron_Map1_The Continent.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	3.86 MB 
ID:	112012 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rsz_2aetheron_final_map.png 
Views:	126 
Size:	9.35 MB 
ID:	112011
    On the updated map you will notice a division in countries on the basis of the colouring of the different names. Those names in red (at the top of the map) are the names of countries belonging to the freshly formed Northern Alliance. Those in white (in the middle) are the three countries of the Empire of the Holy Sun. The names in black are the free countries of Astigar (a land of many city-states) and Moreenia (a newly found republic of Elves and Dwarves, which is the only place where humans are a minority group). I hope you like it and will accept any critical judgement as very welcome, this being my first map made with WonderDraft.
    Last edited by Arawn; 12-13-2018 at 11:01 AM.