Thread: Private Project: Disney worlds!

Default Private Project: Disney worlds!

Here are some drawings that I worked on last week as a private project! Three different worlds, in color and without color, that are supposed to represent three different Disney movies. The names of the worlds might hint what movies I chose! The one on the left is my favorite

These illustrations were a fun way to practice some new styles. They were inspired by the concept of miniature worlds in the Kingdom Hearts series!

I posted them as a series on my instagram, but I might do some more to make a larger system!

Cheers,
    Karl

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	world combined 4.jpg 
Views:	211 
Size:	1.60 MB 
ID:	112956

I enjoyed seeing these on instagram but its nice to see them side-by-side. Great idea and makes me want to try some of my own.

Hah! The Kingdom Hearts inspiration is hard to miss. Kind of mindblowing that number 3 is actually coming after all these years, huh?

I have to say, the left one surprises me if it is what I think it is. It's kinda hard to find appreciation for that one. I've always been rather fond of it, even if it scared me sh*tless as a kid, or hell, maybe because of that. Great job on these anyhow!
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

That's so great to see them alltogether, including with the non-colored version. I'm totally, totally fond of those tiny worlds, and they make me want to try mine !

Thank you PaperGriffin, Kellerica and MistyBeee. I appreciate the feedback.

Yea the Black Cauldron (if that is what you were thinking Kellerica) is a surprise, but I always enjoyed it in a strange way. It never felt like “Disney” to me, which is perhaps why I liked it

Big thanks everyone! Perhaps something like this could be a challenge in the future

Cheers,
    Karl

Quote Originally Posted by tainotim View Post
    Yea the Black Cauldron (if that is what you were thinking Kellerica) is a surprise, but I always enjoyed it in a strange way. It never felt like “Disney” to me, which is perhaps why I liked it
    Yeah, that's the one - I can't think of any other Disney featuring a magic pig But I know what you mean. It's certainly bit of an odd duck. I think the older era Disney movies have a few oddities like that, that never quite sat in what I now think of as the studio's main canon. Perhaps they still hadn't entirely nailed that Disney voice in those early years.

I digress, my apologies. I have a hard time passing on any opportunity to go Disney nerd The main point still being that you did a fine job with these little maps!
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

I totally follow your reasoning. And no need to apologize: “we are all Nerds here”

Thank you again

Cheers,
    Karl

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

What a beautiful idea! It's really both cute and very evocative! Excellent idea

Sorry I can't rep these right now but they are absolutely awesome! Like I said on Insta I still think that the Magic Pig is my favorite, I also love the Arthur one too because I basically grew up on Sword in the Stone...

Thank you so much JO and Domino. I'm happy you like it.

I also grew up on Sword in the Stone, so that was definitely one of my go to for this one!

Cheers,
    Karl