This is a little confusing. I am not sure the right way to title this. I have two problems. First, the other day my tablet stopped working as I was map-making, actually. I know, tears. So now I am down to my ipad with procreate, or sketchbook, or my mouse and photshop.

I was following along a tutorial from youtube, and I liked the mountains he made. However, from the comments, a lot of people had trouble with his mountains. Something about the brush settings, I think. I couldn't get the same result either, but wasn't sure if that had to do with the fact I am using a mouse and had no pressure sensitivity.

So, my question is how do I make mountains in an atless / satalight style map with procreate????

I am not certain if I can link to things outside the forum, but the mountains I tried to make were from a very long set of tuts labled 'Making a Fantasy Map in Photoshop' I really like that style but as far as I can tell there is no way to make an embossed look in procreate. I've attempted making several brushes but its not happening yet. So, does anyone know if it is possible? Or a work around with my mouse on photoshop could work too.

Thanks in advance!