Thread: House of the Woodde family

Default House of the Woodde family

This house on the estate of Lord Godrey of Kohlvi belongs to the Woodde family. They live here with 4 children. While technically a family of serfs, they enjoy some privilage under Lord Godfrey. This is earned by being a loyal family for multiple generations. It is a busy household but, as of last year, even the youngest can work on the land now. This should help them fulfill the ever increasing demand for food. The lands of Feyr are frigid, and thus every bushel of wheat is precious. However, the harvest was bountiful this year, so perhaps all will be well in the end.

I tried to incorporate some feedback I have recieved into this (such as outhouses and more firewood). I am looking for critique now aswell!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	house 4.jpg 
Views:	134 
Size:	8.70 MB 
ID:	112429
    Hobbyist mapmaker. Mostly battlemaps!
    With a Patreon if you want more!

You know, it's this - this here! - that makes me appreciate the modern times we live in. I like my family as much as anyone, but damn, if I had to live with them in a place this small and sleep in the same bedroom I'm pretty sure I'd kill them

But seriously, a nice little map. I like the materials used here, especially on the common room part of the house. I think maybe for atmosphere's sake, you could try making the inside a bit more dim and have the light sources stand out against the dark more, maybe give the fireplace a stronger red glow, but perhaps for the sake of readability it's better this way.

Nice work!
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.