Thread: World Map For A Sci-Fi/Fantasy Cross Story

Default World Map For A Sci-Fi/Fantasy Cross Story

A friend and I are working to put together a story as an indie comic, and as part of it we have to create our own world (the story uses most of the world, so we need to see things from a world scale to figure out things like how nations interact). At this time I don't know if the work will be paid for as it's entirely dependent on how far we get into the project, which itself is dependent on if people take to the story and want us to keep making it. However, I will still attempt to pay for the map even before we know if this occurs, it will just take time as neither myself or my friend can dedicate funds for the project until further in.

The world itself consists of three primary continents on a planet that is about the size of Mars. I have a crappy mock version made in Paint that is intended to give an idea of where the continents lie. I'll attach it here, but there's a lot of details missing (and a lack of proper sizing) that my notes will need to clear up.

The three continents (and the nations on them) are as such:

1. A western continent that sits more to the equator of this world, with a bit of stretch to the north and south to give more area. This continent houses five nations, of which all but one are about the same size. The fifth nation, which sits in the south-eastern area and is the closest to another continent, is about a third the size of its neighbouring nation. There is also a large island to the south of this nation that is about the same size as its neighbour nation to the north. This continent is just a bit smaller than the next continent.

2. A southern/eastern continent. Starting in the east, there's another small nation about the same size as the last two from the western continent. The continent then sweeps east, going south for a while and then back north in a sort of crescent. The middle of this crescent houses three more nations, with each one getting smaller as we sweep through the crescent. Towards the east end of the crescent, a large mass of land juts east and north for two more nations to exist.

3. The northern/middle continent. The southern most part of it sits sort of within the crescent of the last continent. It moves north from here as well as more east than west. It connects into a northern polar regio where it spreads more significantly to make a sort of T shape. This entire continent is a single nation. Due to the polar region, this is the largest continent.

There can also be islands beyond the one island we named.

In terms of land mass vs. water, I'd like to aim for a 40/60 difference with water holding the greater number.

We don't have any specific for a style of map, as long as it helps us with working things for the story. The more detail it has, the better it will be for us. We don't need photorealistic as this would be overkill for us, but knowing where lakes and rivers are would be nice.

Size and quality wise, we don't need anything for print yet. However, a print version will eventually be needed. If whomever follows up on this wants to make it for print but submit web size to us, that's fine and would be good insurance to ensure you're paid.

We don't have any time limits, but the sooner we can get the map then the sooner we can move forward with our development.

Finally, copyright. Obviously since this isn't paid yet, copyright should remain with the cartographer for now. When payment is made we'll be including changing copyright ownership over, with the cartographer retaining attribution rights.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	crap_world.png 
Views:	14 
Size:	16.8 KB 
ID:	112320  

Hello , I might be interested in this project, in case you can check my styles here if you like them you can contact me on deviant art directly here...

Hi, I'd also be interested in working on this project with you. I’m a freelance cartographer and illustrator with experience in making maps for video games, books, and table top rpgs. You can check out my portfolio at https://kate_moody.artstation.com. I hope my style works for you and to hear from you soon.

Kate

Hi there chief - I'd be interested in working with you on this, here's my portfolio and my email is ryan at ryansthomason dot com.

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected

HI!
    this is my website:
    https://andreaalemanno.com/maps-1
    In case, this is my email: alemanno.a@gmail.com
    I remain at your disposal.
    Best
    Andrea