Quote Originally Posted by nichendrix View Post
One thing I've noticed is that when looking into the symbols library in FM8, there's no way to know the name of the symbol, and this can sometimes be confusing if you don't know what the symbol represents.
Unfortunately, you're right. However, I understand that this will be fixed in FM9. What I do ... and it is a nuisance but helps and speeds things up ... is open the symbols folder in the Windows Explorer, where I can see both the symbol names and an enlarged view of the symbols. But it is cumbersome. Once you have a symbol on the map, you can click it with the right mouse key, and that will show the path and file name.

I really hope it updates abd expands its sci-fi symbols library, but this bit last nit is probably just wishful thinking. I also hope that when they release AS4, they make some good tutorial for beginners, since we have only the program's manual and a sketch of tutorial for advanced users, nothing for the novice.
It would be good if you went on to the NBOS forum for FM8 and make these suggestions. Ed Diana at NBOS is a very responsive person who places a lot of value on customer thinking:

https://www.nbos.com

or send him an E-Mail at:

support2@nbos.com