Quote Originally Posted by Feralspirit View Post
Hey White Rabbit, running on time today, I hope.

Stern's Bridge, while unfinished, was aiming for a population of 2500 to 3000. This is including about 300 people living in off screen farms. True, I haven't labeled any streets, and might not. The scale I'm working on would make any text on the streets unreadably small (I've only named a few, to be honest, and the only one hinted at on paper is west main, what's more, I don't even know how to let text follow a curve with GIMP yet, can someone answer that, I'll post it again in my thread). There are many fine city maps, many photo-realistic (a quality I envy, and will work on going forward), if that's what you're looking for. If you are looking for something specifically 5-10k, I'm not sure where to point you. A lot of villages or large scale cities. If you are looking for some kind of package-deal that you can pick up and play with little to no prep, I'm not even sure you're in the right place. There are, however, many fine and instructional tutorials to assist you in building a city that would fit your needs, and the needs of your game. Good luck, and happy mapping!
I'm not looking to use some other's work - just curious if anyone else is interested in the idea of detailed city-design.

I've already spent a couple years of research and practice on my map program in order to create this type of map. I'll post some examples.

And the only reason I'm working with 5-10k pop size is because I want my map to be printable on 8.5 x 11 sheet of paper. Any larger and I just can't make the details work on that size limit (I'm using 320 feet to the inch).

I'm not so much into 'photo-realism' as that tends to make beautiful maps onscreen that print out like crap. For gaming purposes, I want my maps to print out nice and pretty!