Thread: Cretaceous Earth Poster

Default Cretaceous Earth Poster

Subject:

A vintage style globe map of earth during the Cretaceous period, with around 18 to 20 animals pictured.

Style:

In a similar style to these two, with various animals accurately pictured in their respected continents, to make it appear as if it were the 3rd in a set. I can assist with animal choices and depictions as needed. Overall style of map should be unique from previous two, but still remain formatted the same, with corners rounded, some examples of plants of the era, and text stating the time frame and name of the era.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	202f0c1771ed24e602ccc7a2774387a7--prehistoric-middle-ages.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	196.5 KB 
ID:	112763 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	JurassicMap.PNG 
Views:	47 
Size:	1.28 MB 
ID:	112764

Quality & Size:

Professional. Prefer someone with experience in biology or accurate animal depictions.
    Map is to be printed, 24 inch by 36 inch, landscape orientation.

Time Constraints:

Absolutely none.

Copyright:

Whoever creates the image can retain legal ownership..

Commission: Paid. Please e-mail me to negotiate rates if you feel you can accomplish the project professionally. I am willing to pay for quality work.

Contact Details:

bergtholdj--at--yahoo.com
    Last edited by The Collector; 01-20-2019 at 08:08 PM.

That's very low for the amount of work that this would be, but...

Quote Originally Posted by The Collector View Post
    Subject:
    Copyright:

I do not require legal ownership of the completed image.
    What I'm hearing is, I can sell prints??

My fantasy map artwork portfolio.

Click my banner, behold my art! Fantasy maps for Dungeons and Dragons, RPGS, novels.
    No obligation, free quotes. I also make custom PC / NPC / monster tokens.
    Contact me: calthyechild@gmail.com or _ti_ (Discord) to discuss a map!

You should try to contact Onez : https://www.cartographersguild.com/member.php?u=99193
    here or on his website

Hello. Thank you for the replies. I was not entirely sure what a good price would be for the project, but I am more than happy to adjust the price based on professional opinion on it's worth. As for the copyright status, I simply want the image to complete a poster set on my wall, so I don't need to own the rights to the image. I have adjusted the post to communicate these points better.

I'd also be interested in working on the proposed project with you. To give you a little more about myself, I’m a Ringling College grad and have been freelancing for the past few years working on video games, books, and table top rpgs. I have produced multiple maps, environment illustrations, and prop designs for clients all around the world. You can check out my portfolio at https://kate_moody.artstation.com. I hope my style works for you and to hear from you soon.
    Kate

Hello all. Thank you for all the responses. An artist has been selected for this project.