Thread: Krita - layer clipping mask equivalent?

Default Krita - layer clipping mask equivalent?

I am going through this photoshop tutorial, and applying it in krita instead, but I'm struggling to find the right way to reproduce the cliff lighting step in step 5. I created a layer to put above the cliff layer, then created clipping group in krita associated with the cliff layer, but how to apply an opacity to that mask layer and reproduce the lighting effect? I do not see an option to that in krita
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	clippinggroup.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	22.6 KB 
ID:	113023

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by kinwolf View Post
    I am going through this photoshop tutorial, and applying it in krita instead, but I'm struggling to find the right way to reproduce the cliff lighting step in step 5. I created a layer to put above the cliff layer, then created clipping group in krita associated with the cliff layer, but how to apply an opacity to that mask layer and reproduce the lighting effect? I do not see an option to that in krita
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	clippinggroup.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	22.6 KB 
ID:	113023

Thanks!
    After experimenting and learnign about krita, it's really the group feature to reproduce the clipping function. As for applying opacity, it was dead simple once I opened my eyes(right click the group layer-> properties)
    Krita doc
    Last edited by kinwolf; 02-09-2019 at 05:05 PM.