Thread: Need a worldmap created

Guild Novice Facebook Connected

Default Need a worldmap created

Heya looking a world map made, coloured and detailed. I tried myself and failed but I have the shape and geography nailed for the most part.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Map Labeled.png 
Views:	83 
Size:	2.85 MB 
ID:	113246

I'm looking it in the same stle as this game of thrones one. maybe more zoomed in so can see more detail.

http://www.sermountaingoat.co.uk/map...lative_map.jpg

The North end of the map only boarders the edge of the world and the abyss below whilst anything at the edge of the continent below will be water so that needs to be represented.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bloodlines Trilogy Map.png 
Views:	41 
Size:	4.23 MB 
ID:	113247
    A little something I put together before I had the full map shape.

If this tickles anyones fancy, please post your portfolio or pm me.

I will give a run down and drawing on locations and regions on the map as the time comes. would need someone able to draw small castles, forts, ruins, all those things and towns etc. Map will include more bodies of water than shown in the mock up.

Hey Colúm, I'd be interested in working on this project with you. I'm a freelance cartographer and illustrator and have made maps for clients all around the world. You can check out my portfolio at https://kate_moody.artstation.com. If you feel my style works for you, you can send me a message through the contact form on my site or send an email to kateam@optonline.net. Hope to hear from you.

Kate

I've surprised myself and tried my own hand to see what I could do. I may not need anyone at the moment unless something really special comes along.

Not finished but I it's coming along nicely if I do say so myself

EDIT: I've noticed there's trees in the water lol. I was working zoomed out.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	7.42 MB 
ID:	113255  

Quote Originally Posted by Colúm McClelland View Post
    I've surprised myself and tried my own hand to see what I could do. I may not need anyone at the moment unless something really special comes along.

Not finished but I it's coming along nicely if I do say so myself

EDIT: I've noticed there's trees in the water lol. I was working zoomed out.
    In my opinion, if you've gotten this far you should keep going. Maybe clean those trees out of the water or embrace it as a land trait... but it's not looking bad. We do answer questions for free!

Click my banner, behold my art! Fantasy maps for Dungeons and Dragons, RPGS, novels.
    No obligation, free quotes. I also make custom PC / NPC / monster tokens.
    Contact me: calthyechild@gmail.com or _ti_ (Discord) to discuss a map!

Yeah I would move this thread in the wip section , you will discover that you might even have fun by making it and if you really can't you can open a new thrad again for commission later on.

Quote Originally Posted by Naima View Post
    Yeah I would move this thread in the wip section , you will discover that you might even have fun by making it and if you really can't you can open a new thrad again for commission later on.

Thanks folks for the support. Can I move the thread or is it something a mod would need to do?

Quote Originally Posted by Colúm McClelland View Post
    Thanks folks for the support. Can I move the thread or is it something a mod would need to do?
    I guess you can make a new one .

That's great.

I noticed that the trees and mountains are casting shadows in opposite direction.

I moved the thread to the WIP section for you (I think). Let me know if you need the title changed.