Thread: Ahmtosa: Land of Beasts

Map Ahmtosa: Land of Beasts

For Ahmtosa, I was aiming to attempt a Land of Beasts style area which is mostly unsettled by advanced species which adventurers can explore and discover all manner of exotic creatures. I haven't fleshed it out too much as I wanted it to be adaptable for the RPG session.

Some evidence remains of previous civilisations such as the pyramid and obelisk in the northern Desert and occasional tribes can be found in the forests to the southwest which believe that the mountain there is sacred.
    A variety of areas can be inhabited by creatures such as harpies and centaurs around the mesas in the east and the young rift valley w/ river in the centre to the south could host dinosaur-esque monsters or grazing herbivores.

Beaches make for good landing points for players to begin their journey, or they can travel up river and find purchase on lake shores while mountains make for treacherous terrain and could host creatures such as goblins and trolls.

For the future I'd like to work on my mountain shape, colour blending, and lettering. I'd also like to try utilising a border to bring the map together.

Materials: Pencils, 'XS, S, M, B' sized Faber-Castell black artist pens, two grey shades of Faber-Castell brush pens, coloured pencils.

Completed Product:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	56260479_273021296969724_684736212115652608_n.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	539.7 KB 
ID:	114602

WIP images:
    First sitting, Pencil + 'XS, S' sized Faber-Castell black artist pens

Name:	D1YufTxX4AAMgxi.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	151.1 KB 
ID:	114603

Second sitting, Pencil + 'XS, S, M, B' sized Faber-Castell black artist pens

Name:	D16dRv5XQAEb-Rz.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	288.0 KB 
ID:	114604

Those look very nice CaptainBearMode. The second sitting B&W piece looks like it would be very much at home in an 80's era campaign setting. Nice work.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Quote Originally Posted by arsheesh View Post
    Those look very nice CaptainBearMode. The second sitting B&W piece looks like it would be very much at home in an 80's era campaign setting. Nice work.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh
    Thank you so much! I'm happy you like it!