Thread: Hi, I'm Alex

Default Hi, I'm Alex

Hi All!

I joined the forum a while back but this is my first post. I've been creating maps for about a year now, starting with my D&D campaign setting. Since then I've been a bit active on the Facebook group "RPG Map Creations," and another member suggested I hop on this forum. So here I am! I recently started a blog and I want to create timelapse videos too. Check it out at https://www.wowlex.net/

I draw maps with Photoshop and a tablet, and I usually start with a scanned pencil drawing. I generally just use a simple round brush for lines and color, and sometimes include patterns from photography - for things like forests and parchment. It takes me a while to create them, so I probably won't have a ton of content to share, but I'll be sure to post whenever I finish something new.

Happy to become part of the community!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	North Iterra.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	2.68 MB 
ID:	113426

Name:	Iso Map 1 b.png 
Views:	25 
Size:	3.24 MB 
ID:	113427

Name:	Iterra 1.png 
Views:	36 
Size:	2.21 MB 
ID:	113428

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Hey Alex, welcome to the Guild. Good maps; I really like that first one.

Thanks! The first one is my D&D story map. Some of the locations are from the official Forgotten Realms because we used the D&D starter kit before transitioning to Homebrew.

Ooh, nice stuff! I'm with D, the first one in particular looks great. I see you have no rep yet, let's remedy that!
    I look forward to seeing more from you, this is a solid start indeed. Welcome to the Guild!
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.