Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Disturbing Findings...

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

He should probably do what I do...I just download and save things to my hard drive in a folder called "Cool Stuff". I put everything in there that is a cool image, funny picture, interesting story, etc. That way I offend no one and claim no credit but can look at the stuff whenever I want. If he's using his dad's pc then he could just save the images to a cd for inspiration.

I think the main thing rubbing people wrong was the title of his account...using the word "by" implies authorship. If he had instead used something like "Cool pics I found on the net" then he's not implying that he made them.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Quote Originally Posted by Ascension View Post
    He should probably do what I do...I just download and save things to my hard drive in a folder called "Cool Stuff". I put everything in there that is a cool image, funny picture, interesting story, etc. That way I offend no one and claim no credit but can look at the stuff whenever I want. If he's using his dad's pc then he could just save the images to a cd for inspiration.

I think the main thing rubbing people wrong was the title of his account...using the word "by" implies authorship. If he had instead used something like "Cool pics I found on the net" then he's not implying that he made them.
    I know that is what he does, and in fact he never took any claim.

Its not up there anymore, but it said, in the first line, "Here are some really cool maps I got from the Cartographer's Guild"

He said hes really sorry and will be deleting his account.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoel View Post
    Personally I wouldn't be surprised to find other collections like this...
    Putting things on the internet has a way of spreading them around, and I'm ok wit that. I'm all for fair use. I think nothing should be copyrighted except for commercial use (I won't discuss or argue this subject here) That's my personal opinion, but hey I'm swedish, look at what we have going on in our court right now.
    Taking credit for someone elses work is another thing thou. Always credit the author.
    Invite the poor kid to the guild and make him collect all the maps in the finished map forum in an on site gallery with proper credits as a way of making amends!
    BTW: where would the tutorials be and how do you start a thread?

I guess ill also tell him not to delete his account

Quote Originally Posted by IngIngsvar View Post
    BTW: where would the tutorials be and how do you start a thread?
    Tutorials are in the Tutorial Folder:

http://www.cartographersguild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Quote Originally Posted by NeonKnight View Post
    Tutorials are in the Tutorial Folder:

http://www.cartographersguild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48
    Thx, and i firgured out how to make a new thread and ill be going over to his house today so maybe well start working on the new thread.

Also, how do the cartographers put the images in that little box that lets u pop-up the map
    Last edited by IngIngsvar; 02-24-2009 at 03:58 PM.

Blog Entries

Thx, and i firgured out how to make a new thread and ill be going over to his house today so maybe well start working on the new thread.
    Yeah, get him on here. He can say a quick sorry and then were all chummy again and we can make some maps.

I bet his intro post gets a post or twenty...

Guild Artisan Facebook Connected

Also, how do the cartographers put the images in that little box that lets u pop-up the map

When creating a new post, use the paper-clip icon to attach images.

Once images are attached to the post, you can insert thumbnails in the body of the post by using the paperclip icon to insert attachments.

Any attachments not inserted in the body of the post will appear at the end of the post.
    I think, therefore I am a nerd.
    Cogito, ergo sum nerdem.

Check out my blog: "The Undiscovered Author"
    It's the story of a writer... follow me in my simple quest to get published, and share your own writing stories, adventures and writerly tips.

Pimping my worldmap here. Still WIP... long way to go, but I'm pretty proud of what I've done so far...

Press go advanced, sroll down a bit and push the 'mangage attachments' button
    A window will pop up. There are some restrictions on file size...

My friend, IngIngsvar is letting me use his account.

I am sorry, cartographers.

I never took any credit, there was never a sentence saying "Pictures by Seyon".

I am sorry.

I am making a compilation, you can go to it here (http://www.cartographersguild.com/sh...1414#post51414).

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast