Thread: Help finding accurate depictions of distinct mountain ranges of USA east coast?

Default Help finding accurate depictions of distinct mountain ranges of USA east coast?

Hi all, I am not a cartographer (though I have drawn a few maps in my life, so I guess technically I am ... )

I am working on a project, and need accurate visual representation of the mountain ranges that exist on the east coast of the United States. The actual terrain and elevation are not important, but the placement, general orientation, and spacing between ranges are what I am looking for.

The project deals with the Appalachian Trail, so I am looking for a depiction from Georgia to Maine (the entire path of the AT). I also need it to be more detailed than just a single chain of mountains labeled "Appalachian Mountains." I have seen previously what I am looking for (one that breaks into separate ranges the different sections such as the Alleghanys, the Whites, etc), but I am having trouble finding it online.

Can anybody point me toward a good resource?

Thanks in advance!

have you thought about taking a look at Google Earth? If you zoom in, you should be able to get the details you need.
    Like a thief in the night
    she comes with no form
    yet tranquility proceeds
    the accursed storm...

check out my new Deviant Art page!
    https://www.deviantart.com/ladiestorm

Blog Entries
    Last edited by johnvanvliet; 03-10-2019 at 08:55 PM.
    --- 90 seconds to Midnight ---
    --------

--- Penguin power!!! ---