Thread: Kalandra

Professional Artist Guild Supporter Wired's Avatar

Map Kalandra

Just a continent map I did for practice.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kalandra_by_stratomunchkin-dd2a85d.jpg 
Views:	159 
Size:	739.9 KB 
ID:	114260

I also did it in several variations for sale on DriveThruRPG.
    Three maps are supplied in a total of eighteen variants, each attributing for factors like rhumb lines for seafaring navigation, decorative map frames, and the ability to place your own name for the continent in a prepared decorative spot. Additionally, tokens for 5 different locales are included (capital, town, castle, ruin, point of interest) as well as a compass rose.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Kalandra - Full Map Upload.jpg 
Views:	146 
Size:	135.0 KB 
ID:	114261Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Kalandra - Base Upload.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	122.7 KB 
ID:	114262Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Kalandra - Desert Version Upload.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	123.2 KB 
ID:	114263Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Kalandra - Arctic Upload.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	122.1 KB 
ID:	114264

I like the desertic one!
    ⋄ ◊ ⤜--ℜ𝔢𝔫𝔣𝔩𝔬𝔴𝔢𝔯𝔊𝔯𝔞𝔭𝔵⟶ ◊ ⋄ Hey! Here is where to find me! ⟶ ◊ ⋄ ⥊ Instagram ⥋ ◊ ⥊ Patreon - Battle Maps ⥋ ⋄ ◊ Youtube - Speed Paintings

Guild Apprentice

Looks great! I always love when a map tells a story, as with The Spellwaste here: something must have gone horribly wrong there! Apart from that, the map has a very cool, fantasy feel to it. As for which of the different versions I like best, that's a hard one, but I think my favorite is the wintry one.

Very nice map Wired. I wish i could see those coloured version bigger, but i understand you want to limit access since its for DTR sale.
    New Horizons
    Fantasy maps and illustrations.

All my non-commisioned maps are FREE for personal use. Get them at my home page New Horizons
    Get more of my maps by becoming my Patreon.

Support:
    Patreon | Tip via PayPal.Me | Buy Me a Coffee

Quote Originally Posted by RenflowerGrapx View Post
    I like the desertic one!
    Thank you. I had a hard time finding a good middle ground for that one where the colours were still clear in conveying that it's a vast sand desert while at the same time still being somewhat in line with the overall more desturated style I tried.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lars View Post
    Looks great! I always love when a map tells a story, as with The Spellwaste here: something must have gone horribly wrong there! Apart from that, the map has a very cool, fantasy feel to it. As for which of the different versions I like best, that's a hard one, but I think my favorite is the wintry one.
    Thank you! For the Spellwaste I imagined it being the location of the capital of a former powerful magocracy that became a little bit too ambitious for their own good, messing with powers they couldn't control.

Quote Originally Posted by Voolf View Post
    Very nice map Wired. I wish i could see those coloured version bigger, but i understand you want to limit access since its for DTR sale.
    Yeah, that's a tight rope I'm dancing. I truly wish I could show more, but then that kinda shoots the effort of monetizing it all in the foot. :/

Very nice. I think including all of the variant color schemes, climate zones and other features offers quite a lot of value to your customers. I hope the map sells like hot cakes for you.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Quote Originally Posted by arsheesh View Post
    Very nice. I think including all of the variant color schemes, climate zones and other features offers quite a lot of value to your customers. I hope the map sells like hot cakes for you.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh
    Thank you! I already had a few sales. Not an avalanche, but I appreciate every penny that rolls my way.

Very nice work indeed, I like the color changes idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    Very nice work indeed, I like the color changes idea.
    Thanks, Ilanthar.

The map is awesome on so much level and having a look at several iterations of it is a blast ! You come back with a bang, Sebastian