Thread: 3.5e DM LFW!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

I have both those books too - one signed too . He used to live a drive from me but he moved to north Wales I think. Never met him tho - I was given the second book as a prez from someone who knew I liked his stuff when he released the last ship home and was on a signing tour. There was a shop in Bristol where he must have dumped off a load of his 1993 Calendars as after a while you could pick them up for less and less each year. So a few of us got some and cut them up and pinned them to the walls. Terrific stuff.

Since your into the organic modeling you would probably appreciate this thread which is why I said I have better tools for that skull this time around.

Do you use Maya then ? We have a mix of 3D app styles here. I use an old version of light wave but would like to go with something newer. Just binned Blender for being so bloody infuriating and buggy. Was looking at options. Was playing with nVidias gelato a night or so ago which does give superb quality and also POVRay cos RobA is into that which is surprisingly good. Arcana uses Max but I tried that for a while and didn't get on with it well. I suspect I would be satisfied with nothing less than Maya with PRRenderman...

If you have some time maybe post some tuts about how you model esp w.r.t organic shapes. I suspect that we wont have the tools but it would be interesting in any case. I guess Z Brush would be an advantage with that too.

Oh Gears - Got 1, playing 2 this week helping a mate get through the flood section so might see some of that

EDIT -- I see you have edited your location. Your also the person probably closest to me then. We have a members location map in my sig which you can put yourself on if you like (remember the negative lng coord !)
    Last edited by Redrobes; 02-15-2009 at 03:13 PM.