Quote Originally Posted by Deeds View Post
Please keep in mind I know little about mapmaking and even less about Inkarnate. I like the colors, for me, it does bring to mine an irradiated hellscape.

The only constructive criticism I can offer is that there appears to be a texture under most of the land mass; it looks fairly cool on the orangey land and the dark land on the left, but a bit weird to also be under the blueish pars (swamps I think?), and maybe only the orangey land or the dark tan land but not both? (but still the very dark land on the left, so two areas in all); and the rives inside the swamps seems a bit off; sorry if that doesn't make sense. I like to plaster textures a lot too, and then I don't always clean it up, so that might be why I'm focusing on that aspect. Anyway, nice start, and like I mentioned it does give off a post apocalyptic vibe.
Hello. Thank you for the comment. Yes, I see what you mean. The rivers in particular are what I like the least myself in this map. I wanted the rivers to be clear and crisp against the kinda busy land textures, so maybe they're too wide. I need to improve that. Thanks again.