Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Little maps for Little Encounters 5

Map Little maps for Little Encounters 5

A Random Encounter - Country Farm

Just a single this time. But I sketched up several new ones the other day.
    So there may be new additions to the series.

This large farm house and barn sit along a pleasant country lane.
    Stone walls line the fields and fluffy clouds float by in the clear skies above.
    Sounds ideal for an early spring adventure. Even things look bright and cheerful, who knows what might lurk in that barn.
    Or even in the house, or the locked in the cellars. Families have secrets.
    Even ones with farms so well maintained.

Whether gaming or telling a story, have fun imagining new things.
    Cheers, J

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Country Farm by jstevenson.png 
Views:	233 
Size:	1.76 MB 
ID:	114720

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

Soooo nice ! The whole collection will be priceless ! All different places, but with the same look, I can easily imagine this series of paintings, framed, in a corridor : that would be a lovely view !
    Thanks for sharing, J. ! (and I'll be back with some rep as soon as I can)

Perect addition to the Gate of Tomhagar

One day or another, I would love to see you map what happens in those fluffy clouds ^^

Quote Originally Posted by - JO - View Post
    Soooo nice ! The whole collection will be priceless ! All different places, but with the same look, I can easily imagine this series of paintings, framed, in a corridor : that would be a lovely view !
    Thanks for sharing, J. ! (and I'll be back with some rep as soon as I can)
    That does sound kind of cool.
    Thanks Joel
    Quote Originally Posted by MistyBeee View Post
    Perect addition to the Gate of Tomhagar

One day or another, I would love to see you map what happens in those fluffy clouds ^^
    I didn't realize just how close I was on the color scheme.
    But, that's okay. It can reside in roughly the same region I suppose.

Do you mean you want to see a cloud map? ;P
    Or castles in the clouds? or something I'm not thinking of?
    Or... are you wanting to know what possible dangers lurk in such a pleasant little farm?
    Last edited by J.Edward; 03-23-2020 at 01:04 PM.

I love this style you have developed recently J. Those tracks in the road add so much life to the map. Great work!

Now that I look at it however I realize there is a single file track, leading into the large house. I always assumed those tracks were from carriages, but that single file adds a more bicycle feel. Perhaps it’s just a mistake?

Cheers,
    Karl

Quote Originally Posted by tainotim View Post
    I love this style you have developed recently J. Those tracks in the road add so much life to the map. Great work!

Now that I look at it however I realize there is a single file track, leading into the large house. I always assumed those tracks were from carriages, but that single file adds a more bicycle feel. Perhaps it’s just a mistake?

Cheers,
    Karl
    Thanks Karl
    No, the single track is usually to represent a footpath or walking traffic area.
    like a warn way that is frequented enough to leave a track, like cart tracks.
    That said, it could be a bicycle if one has them in their campaign.
    I've had them on other maps. It depends on the ground material hardness, whether i add them or not.
    On gravel, pavers, hard stone, i don't. On dirt, yes.

Beautiful! Expertly drawn and rendered. The colors are lovely as well. Always a pleasure to see another one of your pieces.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Quote Originally Posted by J.Edward View Post
    Do you mean you want to see a cloud map? ;P
    Or castles in the clouds? or something I'm not thinking of?
    Or... are you wanting to know what possible dangers lurk in such a pleasant little farm?
    Clouds surely have an idea about what's hidden there for sure... or maybe it's who or what lives in the clouds...? Or maybe just the wind song whispering something and sculpting those strange shapes in the sky ? Hmm...

* Try to adopt a mysterious allure, and miserably fail, because hey, it's not that easy when you try to do that wearing furry yellow stripes, and antennas over your head -_- *

Quote Originally Posted by arsheesh View Post
    Beautiful! Expertly drawn and rendered. The colors are lovely as well. Always a pleasure to see another one of your pieces.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh
    Thanks Arsheesh.
    I can say the same for yours.
    Quote Originally Posted by MistyBeee View Post
    Clouds surely have an idea about what's hidden there for sure... or maybe it's who or what lives in the clouds...? Or maybe just the wind song whispering something and sculpting those strange shapes in the sky ? Hmm...

* Try to adopt a mysterious allure, and miserably fail, because hey, it's not that easy when you try to do that wearing furry yellow stripes, and antennas over your head -_- *
    Secret Agent Beee, undercover... investigating, asking the tough questions... like, is there a world inside of clouds?
    Do sunbeams transport you through holes in clouds, off to other lands? Or other times?

Wonderful map John. This whole series should be in a book.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast