Thread: Drawing an old-school dungeon style map based on a supplied image

Map Drawing an old-school dungeon style map based on a supplied image

Hi there -

I would like to commission at least one dungeon map, hand-drawn in B&W lineart. I would like it to have an organic, old school feel with detailed linework.

The main thing is that the dungeon map would be based on an image provided by me - turning the formal components of the image into a dungeon map. An example of this would be something a bit like this famous Dyson Logos pony map: https://dysonlogos.blog/2015/04/28/the-secret-revealed/ - although perhaps a bit more organic. Beyond that, the contents of the map are up to you - it would be nice to have some different terrain styles for different parts of the image.

The map would need to be minimum A4 print resolution.

If you're interested, we can discuss fees by email (I don't have access to PM's yet!). The map would need to be drawn by early May.

Thanks for reading!

Tom

Guild Expert Facebook Connected XCali's Avatar

Hi,

I have interest in this. But I wish to know what kind of image would you supply for the map to adhere to?

Have a nice day,
    Omri

~ Maps-DriveThruRPG ~Free Maps and Assets ~Current Project~

My web novels
    Instagram handle: instagram.com/omrihope
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ~The heavens declare the glory of God;
    the skies proclaim the work of His hands.
    Day after day they pour forth speech;
    night after night they reveal knowledge.
    ~ Psalm 19

Hey, I'd also be interested in working on the proposed project with you. To give you a little more about myself, I’m a Ringling College grad and have been freelancing for the past few years working on video games, books, and table top rpgs. I have produced multiple maps, environment illustrations, and prop designs for clients all around the world. You can check out my portfolio at https://kate_moody.artstation.com/. Hope to hear from you.

Kate

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected Eri's Avatar

Hi there matrix. I would also be interested in this project. You can see my most recent dungeon work in this post https://www.cartographersguild.com/s...643#post397643 which has a photo snap of the linework and a completed coloured dungeon. Most stuff in my profile is coloured but can also share a few other linework only samples if needed.

You can email me at - erinh84 at Gmail dot com - to discuss the project further.
    Last edited by Eri; 04-09-2019 at 12:59 AM.

Hi all, thanks for your responses! I'll be contacting you with more information.
    To answer one question, the image I had in mind would be a photograph of a handwritten sign - so both the lettering and the background of the image would be converted into dungeon terrain.

Many thanks,

Tom