Thread: WIP- Continent of Lormentium

Default WIP- Continent of Lormentium

Hey guys, so I found the Saderan tutorial and built a map based on that, thank you Tear for making that, it was a lot of help. This is the first highly detailed map I've ever made. Any and all constructive feedback is welcome. Thanks!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lormentium.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	8.10 MB 
ID:	114763  

Hi there, and welcome to the Guild! The Saderan tut is a Guild classic and you've put it to good use. You seem to have the basic idea down, now it's just down to practice. The outer glow around the coastlines is a tad strong for my taste, but that's just personal preference. One thing I do note, however, is that you have some river violations going on right now. We have a sticky thread on this subject as it tends to be something a lot of beginners struggle with, have a look through at some point. You're certainly on the right path, keep at it!
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by Kellerica View Post
    Hi there, and welcome to the Guild! The Saderan tut is a Guild classic and you've put it to good use. You seem to have the basic idea down, now it's just down to practice. The outer glow around the coastlines is a tad strong for my taste, but that's just personal preference. One thing I do note, however, is that you have some river violations going on right now. We have a sticky thread on this subject as it tends to be something a lot of beginners struggle with, have a look through at some point. You're certainly on the right path, keep at it!
    Thank you for you’re feedback Kellerica! And I’ve have since been looking at that thread you linked.

Default Looking at my rivers

So I did another map, for a couple of reasons, practice for one, I wanted to have a bit more manageable resolution secondly, and lastly to get a fresh try on my rivers. Just looking to see if I improved on my river placement and utilization. Thanks folks!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled-3.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	2.29 MB 
ID:	114794  

Guild Member

I think your 2nd attempt is a lot better, especially the oceans. I think the rivers are a bit straight for me and the upper reaches of the rivers are a bit strong. I'm a fan of the Saderan Tut myself. But you are definitely getting there, practice is definitely the way to do it