Nice map. In general, I don't like symbol based mapping programs. I started out with Fractal mapper, but stopped using it due to problems I had with start changes in colors between one symbol and another or symbol vs background color. I think that if I were to do something with a symbol mapping program again (other than something like a dungeon map or perhaps a topographical world/regional map where these are really problems), I would have to use GIMP to do some post processing. I hope you don't mind, but I cut out a section of your map and did a bit of smudge and blur in GIMP to show what I mean. Again, this is not a criticism of your map as you have made some very nice choices with the symbols you used (I love those mountain symbols!), just a complaint against symbol based mapping programs in general.

Note that I did not hit every symbol, but if you not, you will see the colors on most of the symbols now have a very gradual transition from symbol to background color that looks a bit more natural. Also, I did not really try very hard to be perfect here, just enough to give the general idea.
Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Someone else's map....jpg 
Views:	235 
Size:	103.8 KB 
ID:	10441