Thread: Looking for a Cartographer for a map.

Default [TAKEN] Looking for a Cartographer for a map.

Hello dear Cartographers!

I wish to ask for assistance. My esteemed revenant and I, the loose brain co-author of Table Cat, are making a Tabletop RPG magazine, and preparing our first issue.
    We need a map. A region map for where the first issue takes place.

The exact style of the map are still up for discussion. However, we are looking for a clean and simple style that can have a square grid overlay and still look good.
    We have drafts of the map, drawn by me, which you will have creative freedom with. You will also have access to our WIP writing files to draw inspiration.
    For commercial purposes, we will have the right for image reproduction, while you will have the right to exhibit the image for your portfolio.
    Your working tasks are:
    • Collaborate with our art director.
    • Draw the map and making sure they are going to be aesthetically coherent.
    • Impose the map on a square grid.

A peek into our first issue:
    High up in the rugged mountains of amber and glacial ice lies Heavencastle, a mighty fortress town said to be the gates to the angelic realm. The counties governed by Heavencastle have not seen angels or the griffin for centuries. Unrest is swirling in the counties, and rumours are uttered by factions that griffins abandoned Heavencastle, and the ruling family has lost favour with the divine.

Worse yet, old forgotten memories are stirring in the pale blue glaciers, disturbing those who should stay sleeping. Underneath Heavencastle's idyllic pastures lie dark caves where amphibian troglodytes plot, while demons lurk among the living and scheme to cover the world in brimstone smoke and ash.

Will you summon earth, air, fire or water to protect Heavencastle, or will you usurp the throne by force?

If you are interested, you may contact me here, or through my email: sami.mobaraksadokierski--at--gmail.com
    Last edited by RedKnox; 04-26-2019 at 03:00 AM. Reason: The job has been taken

Hello there. I could be interested in this project. You can see portfolio at my HP or DA. Email me if you are still looking for someone.

Regards
    Rafał
    New Horizons
    Fantasy maps and illustrations.

All my non-commisioned maps are FREE for personal use. Get them at my home page New Horizons
    Get more of my maps by becoming my Patreon.

Support:
    Patreon | Tip via PayPal.Me | Buy Me a Coffee

Professional Artist Guild Supporter Wired's Avatar

Hey there, I'd be interested in your project. Check out my portfolio via the link in my signature! You can reach me via the contact fom of my website or directly by mailing wolfmaster AT gmx DOT net.

Best regards,
    Sebastian

Hello , I might be interested to work on your map , I have made different map styles recently and in case you might be interested in seeing my portfolio here it is.
    Tried ur mail but says is broken.

Behold my RPG and fantasy map portfolio. If you would like to hire me, I can be contacted at calthyechild at gmail dot com.

Click my banner, behold my art! Fantasy maps for Dungeons and Dragons, RPGS, novels.
    No obligation, free quotes. I also make custom PC / NPC / monster tokens.
    Contact me: calthyechild@gmail.com or _ti_ (Discord) to discuss a map!

Quote Originally Posted by Naima View Post
    Hello , I might be interested to work on your map , I have made different map styles recently and in case you might be interested in seeing my portfolio here it is.
    Tried ur mail but says is broken.
    Hello Naima! I can tell you that your email has come through! We are in the process of reviewing all the applicants. As there are many more then we had expected!

I want to personally thank everybody who did apply, it was amazing to see my email, and the replies to this thread, come so fast!

I am sorry for being slow with replying people. But Easter is a busy holiday for me and the team. Everybody will hear from us soon.

Thank you.