Thread: [Region 2] Empire of Kaidan (startup thread)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Interesting take on things GP. I don't think it's to weird, after all Ansium has a bunch of paranoid and largely childish egomaniacs as its pantheon.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Post Strange directions...

In order to better develop my Empire of Asahi, I need outside discussions to give me ideas and direction. Right after starting my first Wiki post and this thread, I started a thread at the Campaign Builders Guild. Also, on a whim, yesterday, I started a thread on the Iron Crown Enterprises forum (I also posted a thread on the Gleemax forums, but I'm getting no real response from there, which doesn't surprise me.)

Lots of philosophical discussion concerning Buddhism, Tao and Shinto beliefs are on both the ICE and CBG forums, some very interesting discussion. They seem to know more about Buddhism and Shintoism than I am familiar with and its proving very helpful in the development of this world.

Strange directions seem to be coming from the ICE forum though. Initially my goal was to build a playable and believeable Japan-like setting for the CWBG, which is still core to my actual goals. However, whether through ambiguity in my posts or misinterpretation of them, some of the ICE responses seem to be looking at the Empire of Asahi as more than just a campaign setting, but rather an entirely new gaming system, not unlike AEG's L5R and others.

Though its not my planned direction, I am not counter to the idea. Still I am more of DM building a homebrew and mapping it at the same time, versus trying to develop my own gaming system. I am not yet convinced of going that direction, but who knows third party discussion is bringing nuance where I initially didn't see such myself.

Here are links to those forum discussions...
    ICE Forums

the CBG Forums

Cool ideas! We'll see where this goes.

GP

PS: once I get something more concrete in my decision regarding religion, etc. I will post more stuff on the Wiki.
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Another domino falls as the GP world-domination machine rolls along Great news, bro...especially if they decide to pick it up and run with it and give you full credit and input.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

I reckon let the river take you where it will. The Ice Forum input seems really helpful and informative for purposes of sparking your already fecund imagination. By the way I love the concept of Samurai serving undead lords. Too many ghoulish possibilities.

Torq
    The internet! It\'ll never catch on.

Software Used: Terranoise, Wilbur, Terragen, The Gimp, Inkscape, Mojoworld