This is a PAID job. Rate will depend a bit on scope and experience, but will be at least $300 and at max $500

Looking for a map for a comic series launching nationwide in May (on Free Comic Book Day) called THE DARK AGE. In 2019 all metal disappears from the planet and what rises up is a post-apocalyptic world full of knights of wood and plastic and castles of concrete and brick. The geo-political landscape is redrawn -- looking for a map that shows the new 'world order' that has risen from the rust and dust.

Style

Style wise it should look like someone took a big politcal map of the United States from some high school classroom in the United States and then painted the new state boundaries and nation-state names and symbols on top of it - with key landmarks still standing drawn in (ie washington monument) etc. I have a rough version as well as art from the comic I can share.

There really is no map I can find that is this style, but perhaps the closest is a version of this -- https://jackiesvintagepostcards.com/...nia-map286.jpg
But much less cluttered and more focused on the 'nation-states' of the whole country that have risen up. Some other samples that are not exactly right, but have a bit of the elements are also Click image for larger version. 

Name:	8560000(1).jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	903.2 KB 
ID:	115185Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Narnia_1024x1024.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	274.3 KB 
ID:	115186attached,

Don't want photorealistic, should look like a real map they would have created in the comic for a battle campaign. There are no computers so it should appear hand drawn - BUT the state lines and underlying map should look like a professional US map produced in the last 10 years -- with the newer geopolitical landscape and symbology painted on top of it by (a skilled) hand.

RESOLUTION

Needs to be 22 x 17 300 dpi so it could potentially be a 2 pages spread in the comic - this WILL be published so needs to look great.

Raster or vector is fine if it has the resolution - probably prefer the latter for scalability.

TIME

Would want the map started ASAP - with a deliver date ideally by the 3rd week of May. Later is okay, it just pushes it to a later issue of the series.

Copyright

Would need a work-for-hire agreement and all rights to the map including copyright.

Contact Details

This is my first post so I can not get PMs -- so please post here or email samples and experience to the following email -- maps--at--motor.ink (remove the --at-- and replace with @)

Thanks in advance