Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yerindor WIP Latest

Guild Member Facebook Connected Ryan Pourchot's Avatar

Default Yerindor WIP Latest

Still a work in progess, been adding continental shelves. I still have to adjust the tectonic plates, coastlines, and continental shelves. Temporarily made the higher elevation areas roughly to show.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I really like the overall continental shapes you have. Looking forward to see where you go with this (especially in what kind of style you'll map).
    Will you do the whole nine yards for this? (As in doing regional maps etc. )
    I'm trapped in Darkness,
    Still I reach out for the Stars

Thank you Eilathen. I do plan on the whole nine yards with this one. First a simple relief physical map, a natural earth/gaia map, then a political map. Afterwards I will focus on regional maps, highlighting the countries, smaller places, or physical parts of a continent. My next step will be currents, and air masses. The latest, extremely rough relief map is below, still amending the plates, elevation, and coastlines.

Coastlines are looking really really good Ryan ! I can't really comment on the tectonic plates, but I just thought to say how much I like those coastlines, just the right amount of natural chaos ! I really dig it

Oh, nice. The newer versions look even better, Ryan. Good to hear you will give this the "full treatment". Do you have a history/background for this world? What kind of world is it, era-wise? Maybe you talked about this already and i missed it, but i am always curious about the world-building behind the map. As in: what cultures and races live in that world, what kind of age are they living in etc. .
    I'm an absolute rpg geek and love settings and worlds to explore.
    I'm trapped in Darkness,

Thank you Rubikia, and Eilathan! Definitely shaping out well with the continents, unfortunately the tectonic plates are still in progress. That's what I get for not basing off of tectonics. I did improve, and removed all other colors for now. And Rubikia, they will be changing a bit depending on tectonics, but I will keep the chaos going.

Eilathan, I definitely will give it full treatment. As a matter of fact Rubikia inspired me with the political heraldry, and tidbits, especially with clans and houses.
    I have actually written tons of lore already, about everything. Going to invent languages, alphabets. I have a race list, and origin (evolutionary) races. Political factions, dieties, regions, wars, species of flora and fauna. LORE HEAVEN. I have been at it for over 3 years now. I intend on a book series, and I also started a game company with my best friend, and we will develop an immersive open world, co-op RPG using my world.

Below is the latest versions.

And Eilathan, forgot to add, medieval. Set between 1200's and 1300's. I created a timeline from the birth of the universe, to current. I also will create crude astronomy for one of my ancient advanced cultures. a type of early gunpowder is present, but firearms will not exist as of yet.

I really enjoy when people sketch out flora/fauna for their worlds, great work, Ryan!

Thank you Adfor! I too enjoy the detail and lore of a fantasy world. Cheers!

That looks awesome, Ryan! And i mean all the stuff you have, including the plant. That's dedication! I hope you get it all done! It's ambitious but if you pull it of, it will be glorious.
    If you want to share in here (or somewhere else) I'm all ears (or all eyes, i guess ^^ ).

Very much looking forward to the map-progress.
    I'm trapped in Darkness,

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast