Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Azemar and Eastern Isari

Guild Expert Guild Supporter Greg's Avatar

Map Azemar and Eastern Isari

A recently finished private commission. There's sometimes something really joyous in making a straightforward black and white map and I particularly enjoyed making this one!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Azemar - Small.jpg 
Views:	185 
Size:	1.63 MB 
ID:	115790

Original is A2, hand-drawn on Photoshop.

I love what you did with the zoom-in for the cities. it looks amazing!

Praise Lovely composition!

The flow of the land is beautiful. The Mountains are not pointlessly jutting up, but appear to have geological roots. The Forests are well spaced and well formed. The oceans and lakes are realistic too.
    I also love the illustrations of the cities.
    Truth be told, I would love to wander around in this map!

Good job.

Ooh, a cool one! I really like how the mountains and the forests came out. The rivers are maybe a bit too pronounced for my taste, but that's just personal preference.

Oh, and I really like your new avatar (not sure how new it is exactly, but it's the first time I've come across it anyway)!
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by Cédric H. View Post
    I love what you did with the zoom-in for the cities. it looks amazing!
    Thanks, Cédric! I always find those fiddly, but worth the effort!

Quote Originally Posted by Kellerica View Post
    Ooh, a cool one! I really like how the mountains and the forests came out. The rivers are maybe a bit too pronounced for my taste, but that's just personal preference.

Oh, and I really like your new avatar (not sure how new it is exactly, but it's the first time I've come across it anyway)!
    Thanks Kell! Forests were a right pain, but pleased with the result! Hadn't really thought about the rivers being strong, but now you mention it...

Also, literally just updated my avatar, so yep very new!

Aww, totally fond of those mini-city-plans, and the whole map is really pleasant too.
    Just as Kell, the rivers looks too strong for me, but I love how varied are your biomes : each region looks unique

I have to disagree about the rivers, I like that they are pronounced!

I also enjoy a black and white map, this looks like it was a blast to lay out! The tectonic guided feel of the mountains is wonderful, and everything has fallen into place just as it should.

Cheers!

IR

Quote Originally Posted by MistyBeee View Post
    Aww, totally fond of those mini-city-plans, and the whole map is really pleasant too.
    Just as Kell, the rivers looks too strong for me, but I love how varied are your biomes : each region looks unique
    Thanks Bee! I think the biomes and mountains just flowed more naturally when drawing them on this one which is a nice feeling.

Quote Originally Posted by Adfor View Post
    I have to disagree about the rivers, I like that they are pronounced!

I also enjoy a black and white map, this looks like it was a blast to lay out! The tectonic guided feel of the mountains is wonderful, and everything has fallen into place just as it should.

Cheers!

IR
    Haha, getting a bit of disagreement going now! Glad you like the river style. I think sometimes things need to be bolder on a b&w piece.

And, yes, it was really great to layout. Like I commented to Bee above, everything just seemed to naturally fall into place on this.

Wow, fantastic piece of work! I like a lot about this map (Mountains, the layout, forests are also pretty nice). I have to agree about the rivers being a bit strong (there is no scale, but at least in relation to other elements...there are some river-police worthy "issues" as well). And while i agree that this is looking really good in b/w, i still wonder how it would look in color

Can you tell us anything about the world? Or maybe the client has a webpage or is willing to share? I am always curious about the worlds depicted.
    I'm trapped in Darkness,
    Still I reach out for the Stars

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

Nice piece! You did a good job with all those trees!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast