Thread: Aflati

Guild Journeyer

Default Aflati

Quick little map that took me far too long. It was one of those times where you try something out and immediately regret it, but it's not digital so you just have to keep going. Interesting test of perseverance perhaps, but I'm glad to be done with it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7652.JPG 
Views:	84 
Size:	6.70 MB 
ID:	115931

And a pseudo scan version:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7651.JPG 
Views:	97 
Size:	3.00 MB 
ID:	115932

While I haven't been as active due to school, I've loved all the quality work y'all have done in the interim; keep it up!

Looks good Samstego. It may have taken a long time, but it's worth the effort.

Only critique for next time: the lettering (especially the title) is very hard to decipher.

Wingshaw

Formerly TheHoarseWhisperer

A cool map and cool feeling there, Sam' ! It could be epic put on parchment with some highlights

Nice pointy mountains! Very good map and an impressive city .

Neat concept. I don't personally care for those forests - they don't really evoke trees to me, and they blend too much into the mountains. But the cityscapes are amazing!

Incredibly well detailed map! The cities are very impressive. Overall though I found it a bit difficult to distinguish some of the different elements within the map. As jshoer pointed out the trees tend to blend into the mountains. Also, while I like all of the detail when viewed up close the map looks a bit "busy", without much space for the eye to rest. I think a lot of this is due to ho much grass lines there are in this piece. I'd recommend less grass clumps, and perhaps scatter them a bit more irregularly. Another thing that might help readability would be to add more contrast to the piece as a whole, e.g. by darkening the forests and ocean. Please don't misunderstand, I think you've got a wonderful style. These are just a few things I think would improve an already great piece.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh