Thread: 10yr Group Anniversary Map - LARGE MAP

Map 10yr Group Anniversary Map - LARGE MAP

Currently been playing with a group of friends for 10 years and we are coming up on our 3 year anniversary of our second and current campaign. I am trying to get a great quality map made for the DM (maybe a few additional makes of the map for the original players as well). Below is what I am looking for:

The world we are currently playing in and is expected to go another 5 years or so can be see below.
    Anything outside of obvious continents is most likely ocean - https://imgur.com/a/aU2tsE3
    I can provide more high quality images and can provide a cleaned up version once the details have been fleshed out.

The product I am looking for will ideally be a 12in by 18in map on leather, and as I mentioned potentially getting a couple made along with a hand drawn or computer made print for some of the members in the party.
    As the craftsman expert that will be making this I am open to suggestions on sizing if this task seems unreasonable.

I am looking for something along the style of the following couple examples: https://imgur.com/a/AGo35eF
    The intention of this map is to be something that if this world existed and we were currently in it, this would be a professionally made map for travelers (hint the leather due to longer lasting for adventures).

Quality & Size
    Since this is going to be a larger job I would want this to be of professional quality. I do not care if you actually are a professional at doing this work as I know there are people that do this as a hobby that are just as good. Just provide some previous work that would show your skill at making a high quality make of something similar. (Not trying to be super picky, I just want something really well made since this will be a gift for people)

I do ask that if you do a digitally drafted version of the map before crafting it onto the leather that it would also be shared as well among the production process so everything can be confirmed before the final version is produced on leather (since if I mistake in the map is found it can be fixed before the final product)
    Again, the sizing of the leather version I am looking for is 12in by 18in as this is something I expect to be framed after the campaign but I am open to suggestions!

Time Constraints
    Since this may be a lengthy task, I don't have a real time constraint. In an ideal situation I would be wanting this finished by Christmas (the campaign anniversary is in January) or at least one of the leather prints to be finished to give to the DM.

Copyright
    I do not require any copyright for this map. The artist will retain the full use of this map in the end. I would be interested in discussing a "use document" as I would not want this map being circulated until the campaign is near completion as this is a large world that could be broken into smaller maps. So if there could be a document stating something like "The artist will have the right to use in their portfolio but cannot distribute this map or portions of this map for commercial gain for 3 years after commission completion" that would be great and we can discuss the details.

Contact Details
    Please feel free to contact me at nnapierhc@gmail.com

Well, as you're not in a huge hurry–I do have leathercrafting tools, just not in my home here, but in my mom's house. I have never attempted to craft a leather map though. It would definitely be easier and cheaper to have a canvas map produced than a carved leather one. There is also the possibility of having a black and white map produced that could then be laser etched into leather or wood or metal. My portfolio of digital art fantasy maps is available for your perusal.

Click my banner, behold my art! Fantasy maps for Dungeons and Dragons, RPGS, novels.
    No obligation, free quotes. I also make custom PC / NPC / monster tokens.
    Contact me: calthyechild@gmail.com or _ti_ (Discord) to discuss a map!

I got some good email this weekend and have been in communication with a few people. Since I am still trying to lock down a person to craft this as of right now I am bumping for more exposure.

Quote Originally Posted by Moryarus Kasterel View Post
    I got some good email this weekend and have been in communication with a few people. Since I am still trying to lock down a person to craft this as of right now I am bumping for more exposure.
    I sent you an email and I have a magic circle I made in leather which I will send once I can get a picture of it to show.

Ralaris