Thread: NES Style Overworld Map

Guild Applicant Facebook Connected

Map NES Style Overworld Map

Hey Cartographers!
    I'm working on a commercial IP project and I'm looking for a cartographer to make some old-school Zelda-stlyed maps.
    The world map design/aesthetic/stlye is akin to that of Hyper Light Drifter's world map, with the exception that we're making the world more suitable for tabletop role playing games (so more locations and environs with a more cohesive and natural look and feel.
    I have a few ideas on some of the sub locations but would be fine with the artist taking some creative liberty on it.

The image will be used for print
    Dimensions I'm looking at 455w x 297h (pixels)
    Copyright: Rights would be transferred. Artist would keep the right to sell prints at conventions and display as part of their portfolio using the logo.
    Timeline: I am open to the artists schedule

contact me at andreas(at)metalweavegames(dott) com

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FullMapPNG.png 
Views:	79 
Size:	4.42 MB 
ID:	116336
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FullMapPNG.png 
Views:	17 
Size:	3.71 MB 
ID:	116335  
    Last edited by Andreas Walters; 06-29-2019 at 04:59 PM.

"The image will be used for print
    Dimensions I'm looking at 455w x 297h (pixels)"

So that would print to like... a 2 inch card. Assuming that is not the case for the desired print scale though?

I've sent an email to my brother, who is a pixel artist inspired heavily by NES games like Zelda, to see if he'd be interested in working with me and you on this project. I am a fantasy cartographer with several full color pieces. I have the knowledge of how to fill in the locations and environments with a natural organic world. So what I would do is coordinate the underlay and design of the sketch and then get him to create appropriate stylized pixel art for me to position. I'll shoot you an email if it seems possible I can coordinate such a thing because I don't think I can get the style quite right on my own!

Click my banner, behold my art! Fantasy maps for Dungeons and Dragons, RPGS, novels.
    No obligation, free quotes. I also make custom PC / NPC / monster tokens.
    Contact me: calthyechild@gmail.com or _ti_ (Discord) to discuss a map!